1998 FORD PUMA 1.7 16V SILVER £750

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

keithrturner

Reluctantly I am selling my Puma which I have only owned since May. I love driving this car and it's fantastic on my 80 mile round trip commute to work on nice fast twisty A roads, however my inconsiderate other half got herself pregnant (nothing to do with me, honest :) ) and is now imminently due so I am need of a bigger car.

Listed on Ebay here:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140575164130&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Here's the blurb:

It's a 1998 on an S-Plate, it currently shows 85640 miles, I have all previous MOT's going back to 2001 to verify this. Also present is the stamped Service log up to 45k miles.

It is MOT'd until 28th November this year so, 51/2 months left. The tax has just expired and is currently SORN. I can tax the car if required at the buyers cost additional to the sale price.

Good Points

The car looks great and handles superbly. It's very nippy accelerates great and gives a really sporty feeling drive. The interior is overall in very good condition other than mentioned below. The stereo works fine including the CD player and the aircon blows nice and cold. All the electrics work, starts first time and runs damn near perfectly.

Not so good points

Nothing to worry about here but I prefer to be as honest as possible. Lets start with the rusty arches as this is a common problem on Pumas and unfortunately this one has not escaped either. The drivers side has the worst bubbling, however there are no holes and this does look easily treatable, the passenger side is not as bad, both are shown in the photos. It has had some underside welding for the last MOT, but this was done at the garage and all looks sound. There are a couple of marks and scratches, the worst also shown in the pohotos is the rear bumper scuff, again this looks like an easy repair. Inside the drivers seat bolster has worn through the material to the foam beneath, however the rest of the seats are spot on. The key fob and door locks, also a common fault on Pumas, I replaced the battery in the fob but it still does not work, this could just be a need for reprogramming. When unlocking the car you have to unlock the passenger door first, the drivers door does work but sets the alarm off when you open the door, again I have seen some advice on internet forums on how to fix this. Lastly there is a very slight slip on the clutch, obviously this is starting to go and will need replacing, however I have driven it like this for the last 2 months with no problems, it only presents itself in 4th or 5th when going up hill and trying to floor it, backing off or changing down soon sorts it out. New clutch on ebay is around £40 and the thrust bearing if required around £30, I'm also told it's a straight forward job too, unlike many fords the sub frame does not need to come off, the clutch can be accessed to replace.

I bought this in May as a runaround for work, my other car is a Land Rover and my daily commute is 80 miles! hence the need for something a little more economic. It was a bit of a self indulgence purchase in that "I wanted something small and sporty" so I bought it, however my partner is pregnant and due VERY shortly so this is not really practical with a baby on the way. But if you have toddler age children it's not a problem, my 6 year old loves the car and much prefers to go in the Puma than the Land Rover!

Thanks for reading, if you were prepared to struglle through that lot!

Car is located in Kidderminster (Worcestershire) - Thanks Dal!

Can you add your location to your advert please (Kidderminster) so people don't have to click your ebay advert to find out. Ta.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back