2011 Regsitered Car - WTF, they stopped in 2003!!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yippeekiay

Up North i.e. 100+ Miles Above Manchester!!!
Been doing my daily trawl of the car ad's and while I was looking at a car I noticed the dealers other cars scrolling along the bottom and one very striking detail with a certain car caught my eye.....

2011 Vauxhall Omega Petrol 3.2 V6 24V Elite 5dr Auto Estate [LT] 4000 miles.

Eh?...they stopped making them in 2003??? Something's not right here!!!!!!!!!!!

Here's the ad on Ebay...
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2011-Vauxhall-Omega-Petrol-3-2-V6-24V-Elite-5dr-Auto-L-/280736863489?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item415d389501" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Unfortunately no pictures are shown so I have no idea what is going on.....typo possibly?

Well, anybody who knows me well will know I have a very big soft spot for these so I had to investigate. So....I've JUST come off an online chat (yes, at midnight!!) with a representative from their company (must be keen to be on this late....lol) and he confirmed that it was indeed the car and it was registered this year!!!!!!!.

Here it is advertised at their site...
http://www.smc-cars.com/UsedCars/view/547360/Vauxhall-OMEGA-3-2-V6-24V-Elite-5dr-Auto--LT-" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

He is going to send me some pictures (so he said) because if it is what I hope it is I'm off to Slough in the very near future!!!!

Not exactly what I was expecting to see today and far from what I was looking at in that price range so I'm hoping it's not some kind of screw up or something.

Imported? I had a Fiesta Zetec 1.4 which had been manufactured in 2003/2004ish, but lived on Guernsey or something, and had a 56 plate because that's when it was imported and registered in the UK with 3,000m on the clock.

12 THOUSAND POUNDS for a Vauxhall Omega manufactured 8 years ago?

That's either a typo or you are not right in the head! :p

Haha...I'm not sure about the price yet as you have to think it's only done 4000 miles or so it says. I have no idea what it should be worth as it's a £30k+ car when new, ok this may have been manufactured 8 years ago but with an 11 plate and 4000 it's still basically new....lol.

Believe me, I've looked at lots of other options including the 350z. I'd narrowed my options down to a VXR8, XKR, XJR, A8 or even a Mazda6 MPS unless something unexpected came along but can I hell as like decide on even them. As I'm fond of the Omega due to past ownership this fit the unexpected tag.

This might seem a weird choice for other people considering the huge choice out there but I'm sick of looking for cars to be honest (I've been looking for over THREE years) and this one would fit the bill perfectly. A lot less power than most other things I've considered but I know what I'm getting with the Omega and I know I'd be happy with it. (I'd do have a nitrous kit available too...lol)

Again, not sure what it should be worth as it's a bit of a quandry. Not going to think too much about it as I'm sure there's something amiss somewhere - just doesn't sound right in the slightest.

Phone call just received.

They have a glitch on the site that keeps posting incorrect information on certain stock. He asked if I'd seen it in autotrader and I said no it wasn't in there but was on Ebay. Oh, he said, it's got that far has it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Some glitch that is if it's advertising cars for them on sites they don't even know about for cars they don't even have!!!!!!!!

One last thing....GUTTED!!!!!! :'( :'(

yippeekiay said:
Phone call just received.

They have a glitch on the site that keeps posting incorrect information on certain stock. He asked if I'd seen it in autotrader and I said no it wasn't in there but was on Ebay. Oh, he said, it's got that far has it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Some glitch that is if it's advertising cars for them on sites they don't even know about for cars they don't even have!!!!!!!!

One last thing....GUTTED!!!!!! :'( :'(

Doesn't that contravene some advertising standard ...... "advertising cars they don't own or know about " lol - I am sure the ASA would like word with these guys ..... :lol:

yippeekiay said:
Believe me, I've looked at lots of other options including the 350z.

One of my favourites and it's deffo on my lottery car list.
Twin turbo'd and finished in Nissan Daytona Blue, yummmmmmy!! :p

Latest posts

Back