2nd time around :)

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spongebobash

right ive been a member on hear for a while i had a blue/purple puma 1.7 s reg that got sold and a few cars later i now have this
KGrHqFq0E88giGVyuBPe1Gw7eyg60_12.jpg

KGrHqJooE9j9mSCBPe1Go6WH60_12.jpg

KGrHqJi4E9cdC-ZSBPe1GZeyDg60_12.jpg

as you can see its in good condition its a 1.7 and i cannot fault it picked it up last night and have done over 90 trouble free miles :) needs a proper detail and polish and few small stone chips to sort but for £450 with a years mot and a few months tax i aint complaining :)
all ideas welcome
iam thinking white/ cream wheels keeping fan blades tho as love em just thinking of re painting em
also needs a stereo so will be after one of those idealy a silver standard ford one :)

Lots of people don't like the green ones but I am partial to a Jewel green. :eek:k:

Nice....

john-thomson-fast-show-jazz-image-1-996834484.jpg

i wasnt sure about the green but it looks different see loads of pumas around but not many clean green ones :)
as regards gold alloys thats a sin and god will punish you lol although its in my mind now its a cross with a subaru of old ha ha
am i right in thinking my puma is quicker on paper than a newer puma??? cos parkers guide says new puma 0 to 60 9.5 and older ones around 8 seconds? iam sure i saw sumwhere that this was due to emissions??

Its due to the torque limiter - on newer Pumas it limits the torque to a higher RPM than older pumas (in order to protect the gear box). If I recall correctly it only works on 1st gear, and older pumas it engages up to 1500 rpm, and on newer ones its up to 2800 rpm. Those figures probably aren't 100% accurate but they're pretty close.

cool so mines faster thats all that matters lol cant belive how quick these cars are compared to other higher powered ones and they handel amazing ha ha well this one dose but me old one had a shagged bush!

you were right the 1st time, they are bushes, not brushes! :lol:

And whats wrong with gold wheels you cheeky beggars??? :oops:
09072010317.jpg

That was when i brought a set of speedlines, i just tried them on to see what they would look like, they werent too bad but would have been better in anthracite or black

Yoour car is forest green i think not jewel green. Mines jewel green and yours is a darker shade

bush brush i dow know i know old puma needed new ones lol the gold works well i do like it secretly just iam going with white or cream color scheme gonna look at paint code in the morning as it dose look darker :)

Hello and welcome! Looks like you have a really nice one there for a bargain price! I nearly bought a green one from a dealer before my mine came up! Your right, you don't see many around anymore! I think looking at your photographs you puma's paintwork will come up really nice after a machine polish! :grin:

That was when i brought a set of speedlines, i just tried them on to see what they would look like, they werent too bad but would have been better in anthracite or black

The colour works for me looks classy,might look good with a thin tapered gold pinstripe up the swage line.what size are those wheels?

Ooh, another 'Jewel'! Welcome along.

Don't see many of this colour around, I've only ever seen one other! I think it's much nicer than the Pacific... it's too 'Silvery' for my liking.

not sure on wheel size think standard 14s but could be wrong, aint got a machine polisher gonna use elbow grease lol
may give it a wash today as off work and see how it comes up :)

Lols, we should have our own green puma section!! The speedlines are 17! I think the gold pinstripe would have been a bit much though, they were the last colour id have chosen, but the wheels came up and i like the wheels and they are quite hard to get hold of, so i just tried them on, they were better then i though, but i still think anthracite or black looks better.

I wouldnt advise 17" wheels, unless you have a shorter ratio box like a 1.4 or FRP box. It dramatically reduced acceleration on my car. Just something to think about 1st. The wheels i run on that car now are 16" with really low profile tyres so the outside circumference of the wheel is actually smaller then the standard puma props.

iam a bit strange as i love the props alloys they suit the puma so well plus i have a wife and step daughter so if i had bigger wheels and eventualy lowerd it would be a headace suspension nice and firm as it is :)
this is gonna be the wrong section i know but can anyone photoshop me wheels white please? :)

update
less than a week and the modifying bug has started have refitted the leather gear and handbreak gatiors as they had been changed to black and cream so thats a bit better have sorced a stereo and have just fitted a cone filter induction kit thingy from my old puma used it for a week then sold car given it a clean fitted perfect as expected old air box screws were rusted so held me up but got em off in the end took for a quick test drive everything working perfect love the sound missed it alot need to get exhaust sorted next :)
no pics as iam sure uve all seen a puma engine bay will clean inside tomorrow and get opinions on gear gaitors :)

Latest posts

Back