3 Button Key Fob

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

markbrosnan78

Hi everyone.

I have recently purchased a 2011 Y reg 1.7. I am absolutely loving the car. It has all the usual issues but most of the advice I have needed I have found the answers to on here.

One thing still evades me though. When I got her the key fob was a bit iffy. It opened every time but often wouldn't lock or set the alarm. After a week the fob died altogether. I replaced the battery but it still doesn't work. I tried reprogramming it incase that was required after changing the battery but no joy.

I have found a replacement fob off the internet (http://www.gallalock.com/car-keys-remotes-fobs/1946-ford-transit-1995-1998-3-button-remote.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;). Is it as simple as ordering a new one, changing the blade over and reprogramming by toggling the key in the ignition and pressing a button or am I missing something?

I went over to the local Ford dealer and they just quoted me £107 for the fob and £90 to programme it. Is there something I am missing or are they just that open about robbing people blind?

Thanks.

Get the new one, swap the transponder (glass tube used to de-activate the immobiliser, programmed separately to locking/unlocking), swap the blade and then as you say program it to lock/unlock by toggling the key.

Latest posts

Back