51 plate 1.7 Puma Thunder in South London (SE19)

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tricky01

With a little bundle of joy on the way, I need to move on my beloved Puma Thunder and buy a more child friendly (and pregnant wife friendly) car.

The Puma, in Moondust Silver [thanks @Dal], has just shy of 82,000 miles on the clock and I've been responsible for 55,000 of those, having bought it with 25,000 on the clock in autumn 2007. I'm a non-smoker with a clean license and care for this lovely vehicle.

I'm sure most if not all on this forum know the details of the Thunder, but it comes with leather seats, low profile wheels, alloy wheels, front electric heated window, air-con, electric mirrors and electric windows. It did come with CD radio but the radio suffered a fault in last six months which I believe is very common (the radio would stop functioning after around 15-20 minutes of use each journey; frustrating on a long drive!). I replaced this with a decent Sony DAB radio and CD changer fitted by Halfords in April this year, including the more expensive internal DAB antenna. It also has a USB port and will control your iPhone/iPod from the controls.

The car is in good condition inside and out with the only things letting it down being some rust on the rear right wheel arch, a crack on the right side of the license plate (happened while parked, assume a tow hook fitted vehicle and poor judge of distances) and one of the parcel shelf chords being broken. Under the bonnet it is has a full service history, but is due the cambelt being replaced, which I believe is around £300 of work. In terms of recent purchases, it had it's annual service around two months ago and had the two front tyres replaced a fortnight ago.

I wish I could keep it because it is such a lovely lovely car to drive. It hugs the road and is just a pleasure to drive.

I believe with the cambelt sorted it is worth £1400-£1500 so I'm looking for £1000 as is. If you would like to see it I'm in Crystal Palace (SE19), south London.

Some pictures over on the Autotrader advert. Will try to add some internal pics tomorrow.
http://www4.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201308188372726?atcide=emc-cars-EAF004

Might help if you say if it's Moondust Silver or Magnum Grey :eek:k:

Dal said:
Might help if you say if it's Moondust Silver or Magnum Grey :eek:k:
Oh dear, not a good start for first post on here, sincere apologies! It's Moondust Silver. Will update the post and try to get some photos up too. Thanks for the guidance

Some pics of the interior:

Initial signs of rust over rear right wheel arch

Damage to front license plate

New Sony DAB/USB Radio on BBC six music

With headset removed

Puma mats

Electric mirror/window controls

Back seats

Perfect Dark said:
What lens was used to take the interior shots?
Ah yes, my true love; photography! All were taken on a full frame Sony A900 with Carl Zeiss 16-35 2.8. the first lot were at f8 and the last three or four at f3.5. Most are at 16mm but a few at 35 (like the shot of the dials). I also used an off camera flash (gn58) with 20" EzyBox diffuser since the light had faded when I finally got home last night.

If you click on the pics they should take you to my website where you can see all the technical info on each pic.

Sparx said:
Looks like a really clean and well looked after interior :eek:k:
Thanks. I'll take the credit for looking after it but the cleaning credit goes to the wife :grin:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back