'72 beetle :)

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luke

i know this isnt strictly a puma but i think it deserves its place because im hoping to get another puma soon... once the beetle is on the road.
its a 1972 1300 marathon beetle, these were made to comemorate breaking [fords] production record of just over 15,000,000 and came with marathon 'lemerz' wheels and a medalion. also they were painted in marathon blue which is the colour it will be staying.

this is the reason i havent been on here/pp over the winter. i sold both my pumas last autumn time to make way for this
IMG_0134.jpg

IMG_0146.jpg

started to tear it down-windows, seats, electrics, engine out, body off front beam stripped
IMG_0258.jpg

stripped the chassis down
IMG_0261.jpg

new parts and panels slowly building up
IMG_0278.jpg

floorpans in, seamsealed and stonechipped then finished in 2k (polishes REAL nice :D )
IMG_0403.jpg

slowly all going back together
11b1033c.jpg

433e0509.jpg

ive got the shell all finished now and all the bodywork is done.its in primer now and waiting for a slot in a friend of a friends bodyshop so i can spray it :)

will keep you updated :D

Awesome I like this alot!!!

More into the Camper Van's myself but still very cool

Scotty1.7 said:
Awesome I like this alot!!!

More into the Camper Van's myself but still very cool

funny you should say that. heres one of our 'other' projects. its a '77 late bay, and its on the road :D
IMG_0275.jpg

also working on this which is based on a 350mm shortened beetle chassis/running gear with a HEAVY metal flake
IMG_0572.jpg

will get back to ford soon though promise :p

been a while since an update!
heres how it stands at the minute...
ada53785.jpg

follow the link for a build thread :D
http://www.volkszone.com/VZi/showthread.php?t=673570" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Back