Aftermarket Seats

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raggamuffin

Hi all,

Who here has had much experience with fitting different seats into your Puma? What seats did you go for? Were they for comfort or performance? Anyone tried fitting heated seats or electronically adjustable ones? I'd like to get something more supportive, but it's that age old problem of comfort vs performance.

When I had my Fiesta ST180 the seats were amazing in terms of support but they were extremely firm. What I'd like to find is comfort and support in one seat. Somewhere between the ST180 and my old Saab 9-5 which had the comfiest ride I think i've ever experienced. I fear that was in part to the seats as well as dampers: when taking corners at speed it felt like I was driving a barge.

Ed

I think I've seen some Fiesta Si / RST seats fitted, they look like they'd fit the criteria imo!

But I've no personal experience with it :grin:

Robyorks said:
[post]369232[/post] Have a look at Tuonokid's bible, he fitted Milli recaros in his and I can confirm, they are the dogs!

They are, Rob. Barry did a superb job with them. Millie Recaros are hard to come by now, though - I tried Barry's out and can confirm they are certainly better than the seats in my Thunder.

Yes, yes and yes Mike!
I have a Thunder interior to fit in mine but can't help thinking the seats are kinda the poor cousin of the Milli. I'd hate to go through all that hassle just to be 'not quite happy' If you know what I mean?

I seem to remember a few years ago that someone one here said the mitsubushi fto seats fit in the pumas.

Being 6'4" I think I need something that provides a little more headroom. Failing that I could always take out the roof lining I suppose. But if I start down that road she might wind up stripped out and roll caged...

Ed

Latest posts

Back