Aftermarket Steering Wheel Airbag Light Fix??

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds like a lot of work for no gain. If the Ecu is picking up a fault with any of the airbags, as far as I'm aware none of the other components will work. Also if a resistor is used to complete the circuit, the airbag light won't be on so I wouldn't need to remove passenger airbag!! It's just that resistor value that I need.

Well im very disapointed in all of you with aftermarket wheels, if you dont have a fix, that means you have all just removed the bulb! Shame on you :lol:

Ive sussed it now, it requires a resistor, a capacitor, and a fuse (optional).
Heres a pic of it

And heres a vid of how simple it is to fit and youd just unplug the stock wheel, and plug this in. first off i dont plug it in, and you see the lairbag light come on twice after the initial bulbs going off. Then i plug in my circuit and the bulb comes on, but then goes off but stays off

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hyZsXRrsDk[/youtube]

I've got an alcantara momo wheel I want to fit and this seems the ideal solution to extinguish the airbag light, any chance of sharing the capacitor and resistor values and maybe a diagram? Thanks

Anyone got any ideas on this? Seen the airbag resistors on eBay rated at 2.2 ohms but the first post stated that this rating doesn't work. Does the airbag ecu reset after battery disconnection? Had an airbag fault that I tracked down on a mondeo I had years ago and this reset the light as soon as I cleaned the plugs under the seats. If so the bulbs coming out! I do this on a coupe of German origin every year at mot time.

Sorry guys, I've got the correct capacitor value on my laptop, I'll get it when I put it on next. I think it might be a 470uf but I'll double check

Right, obtained the plug today from local scrappies and looking on the well known auction website the 470uf capacitors are rated at 10v , going to try one of these and see how we go from there, looking to replicate what pumanoob has done in his YouTube vid.

Right, ive finally got my laptop on. The ingredients are as follows

470nj 63 capacitor
2.2ohm resistor
Optional Fuse.

Sorry its taken so long

I think a 47uf should work too.

Received the components in the post this week and this afternoon was the first chance to solder it all together and try it and..... It works! So another big thanks to pumanoob

Sorry to drag this out of the depths but i'm currently sorting this out. As i'm a complete novice to things like this; what rating is the fuse used please?

Thanks,

Dave.

Latest posts

Back