AIRBAG LIGHT/BULB REMOVAL??????.

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JJS_Puma

Hi all. Preparing my Puma to be a track car and almost finished now. Stripped all interior, changed steering wheel for MOMO one, removed p/side airbag also. So I've got the age old problem of the light on the dash perm illuminated!!. Have removed the fuse for the system, pretty sure fuse 14??. Fitting Cobra buckets, so no pretensioners.
Just want the light gone on the dash that's all!. Have read and heard to just remove the bulb, so set about attempting this. I'm no stranger to removing binnacles and pretty handy with the tools.
So out came the clocks and disassembled them, or as much as needed, only to find no bulb for the airbag area on the binnacle. When I say "no bulb" I mean I think it's a diode, not an actual twist and pull out type bulb!!. I have a 99 T reg digi dash and the airbag light is just above the right turn indicator light if you get what I mean.
Can anyone shed any light upon this at all?(excuse the pun :) ). Has anyone done this at all please. Any help would be very much appreciated. Cheers, Jim.

I think you can wire a resistor into the circuit to make the light go off but have no idea how to do it

a 3.3ohm resistor bridged across the airbag plug in question usually holds enough resistance to keep the light off, fooling the system into thinking the unplugged device is functioning.

To remove the bulb itself which I personally would avoid (unless its a track car etc) is remove the dials from the car, remove the white back cover and un-solder the corresponding led.

You can also just put some electrical tape over it, atleast thats what Ive seen someone do with theirs haha probably the easiest and fastest

For pretensioners I think you need to put 0.47 microFarad capacitor for the lights to go off. There is a guide on here, just have to find it

Edit: here it is: http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=28666" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Wild E. Coyote said:
[post]344783[/post] For pretensioners I think you need to put 0.47 microFarad capacitor for the lights to go off. There is a guide on here, just have to find it

Edit: here it is: http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=28666" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
This does indeed work but recommend you do solder the capacitor in rather than using any connectors as the capacitor legs are so thin they just disconnect. Happily sailed through the MOT :)

Latest posts

Back