Airbag wiring fiesta v puma

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grogee

Ok I've tried to swap a fiesta wheel onto my puma as a solution to the dreaded wheel rot. The fiesta one looks similar but I get an airbag light when I use it... EVEN THOUGH:

1) I have good connection between the 2 pins on airbag connector and steering column harness connector.
2) checking the old one and I only have ONE pin continuity between airbag connector and steering column harness connector, but that's the one that actually works (No airbag light).

So where is the other pin going to and what's it for? I was assuming the 2 pins were just live and earth for when the bag is fired but I'm wondering if bag is earthed through wheel now.

Weird...

The clock springs are different depending on the year, if that's the case you will need to swap it from the Puma wheel on to the Fiesta wheel.

I did exactly as you did, but i also found the connector was ever so slightly different. Swapped the clock spring over and all was resolved.

Thanks for the tip. Does the clock spring just pull off the back of the wheel with a bit of force/leverage then?

And yes the connector was different too but nothing that a Stanley knife couldn't fix!

If you look the clock spring (from memory) is actually clipped to the wheel and will carefully prise off. Swapping it must have been trivial because I didn't detail it in my How To Remove the Steering Wheel guide in the FAQ section.

Yes if you modified the connector then you did exactly what I did and realised it was different for a reason.

Job done... swapped out the clock spring, job's a good 'un. Thanks very much for the advice.

Latest posts

Back