Amazing site for car knicknacks

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is part of the Alibaba group based in China, some of the retailers are based elsewhere in the world like Singapore.

I've actually just made my first purchase on there too, waiting for it to be delivered before passing comment on how good it is.

Has a bit of a stigma in the PC / IT world. But do share what the quality is like and interested in shipping times.

And people complain about our economy going to the skid pan and jobs down the toilet.
I don’t use Amazon and anything China based.
Being made in Hong Kong myself I know exactly what I’m talking about.
Avoid

Hi.
Well the gauges I fitted are fine, I would rate my experience as good. With our economy going down the pan in rip off Britain I will go anywhere to look after my self interests as long as we continue to get ripped off in the UK. Obviously I would like to support the home front but as long as the Government treat the population as a cash cow things will not change. I do try to support small local retailers.

Last edited:
And people complain about our economy going to the skid pan and jobs down the toilet.
I don’t use Amazon and anything China based.
Being made in Hong Kong myself I know exactly what I’m talking about.
Avoid
I share a similar sentiment, however if you can't source it locally (I was looking for a specific car related keyring) then that's why people start looking further afield.

The only other time I've ordered something directly from China was for a larger item (a motorcycle radiator, that again I couldn't source locally new) the quality was terrible and I actually went through all the hassle of getting it back to them to refund what was left after paying for the return shipping.

Amazon is a different matter and you should always shop around as the items aren't always the best value but people still buy blindly for the convenience. That said, I live in a village, if I can fit it in with my day to do the 16-20 miles roundtrip to the nearest screwfix then I do, but if I can't then I will see what I can get delivered.

When you look on Amazon these days, it's exactly the same Chinese crap that's on AliExpress, DHGate etc so you pays your money and takes your choice.

I've bought loads from AliExpress over the years and it's all turned up and been as described. Deliveries vary from under a week to 3 months!

Just bought some charging cables for the iphone my grandson gave me as the plastic insulation on the original one started to come away at one end for no apparent reason.

Checked and Apple want £19 (NINETEEN) for a 1m cable. Argos wanted a tenner. I just bought 3 for £2.97 off Ebay which arrived this afternoon.
Made in China, tested & working.

So, while I agree with the sentiments I can't ignore the reality of taking a "risk" on 3 cables for a fraction of the price. They're covered by Ebay anyway I believe so not that much of a risk - that and the fact the seller has sold over 10,000 sets of them this month alone!!!

Likely the genuine ones are made in China anyway - at the same factory 🤣

Latest posts

Back