Anniversary meeting 15 years Ford Puma July 2012 Chat Thread

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Patch said:
So we all going to convoy over as a group?

bit premature, with this, but would guess so.

next step is for a person to take the lead in organisation.

I'm probably happy to do this, if I'm able to go!! Unless another member, staff member wants to.

We should probably go in small groups, of say 5-7, to avoid long chains of Pumas holding back other drives while waiting for the person who got stuck at the lights!

Is everyone thinking of doing the whole weekend?

Thursday to Monday? or just Friday to Sunday

Cause that could help the split into groups anyway couldn't it?

heres some pricing info

Ring lap ticket prices

Nurburgring lap ticket prices increased in 2011 and the 8-lap ticket was discontinued. A single lap ticket increased by 9% over the 2010 price and multi-lap tickets increased by an average of 22%. Multi-lap tickets include food/drink credits to spend at the Eifeldorf Grune Holle restaurant opposite the Nurburgring Ring at Werk centre near the GP track. The restaurant at the Nordschleife uses credits that have to be loaded onto your card.
1 lap €24
4 laps €89 inc €10 food
15 laps €310 inc €20 food
25 laps €470 inc €30 food
Jahreskarte (see below) €1,350 inc €100 food
Note that all tickets are valid for a calendar year only. Lap credits expire at 31st December and there are no refunds.

Costs for a weekend at the Ring

If you want to get an idea of all-in costs for a weekend trip, for a 'standard' weekend (out Fri, full day Saturday, half-day Sunday, return Sun afternoon/eve) from London by car, the costs look something like this:

Channel crossing: Varies, but say typically £120
Petrol en-route: Typically 2 x £100 = £200
Petrol for the Ring: Say £100
Bed-and-breakfast per person: £50 per night x 2 = £100
Food: 2 x dinner, 2 x lunch, food en-route, beer = £100
Total = approx £620, plus laps as above.

scary scary

Optional extras available at additional cost include armco repairs, safety car attendance, vehicle recovery, track closure, hospital stays and helicopter rides. I recommend avoiding these. If you can't, then the following price-list may help:

Base fee for attendance of armco truck: €150
Removing damaged armco: €10/metre (x2 or x3 or x4 for multiple-height sections)
Replacement armco: €31/metre (x2 or x3 for double/triple height)
Removing damaged armco posts: €5.10 each
Replacing armco post: €39 each
Safety car attendance: €82 per 30 mins (car + 2 people)
Circuit closure: €1,350 per hour
Recovery truck: €190 (inc VAT)
Hospital stay & air ambulance: Let's just say, do NOT go there without travel insurance! (Though a European Health Card - which replaced the E111 - may cover the hospital bit.)
Everything except the recovery truck is then subject to 19% VAT.

The record armco bill I'm aware of is €15,000. That was a car that managed to flatten a very impressive length of armco between the Quiddlebacher Hohe bridge and the crest on the approach to Flugplatz. But even a minor bump can turn into a surprisingly expensive day out.

Might be best if someone outside the admin team takes the lead with organisation - we're all Puma less now.

Ack..only just read this lot and have posted in the attendees list re:- budgets.

Here it is:-

Regarding budgets taken from the posts in another thread.

Think Vix is nearer the mark but maybe a tincy wincy bit low. All depends on next years rises if any (Ferry, tickets, fuel etc)

Based on this years rough costs if you budget for around £750 that should more than cover it if your camping and I'd probably get the trip in that budget staying in a hotel AND allowing for 8 laps minimum. Might even be cheaper as my son will be paying for himself if he wants to come. (I keep saying that and he hasn't paid yet...lol). Lets just hope they don't increase the lap costs too much again and if they do they better put an 8 lap option back on!!!

If people are really strapped an option could be to save a few euro's and share a multi-lap ticket as I know some only like to do one or two laps. It goes without saying that I'd be more than happy to do this. I could buy a 15 or 25 lap ticket and sell laps off at the pro rata cost which would work out at 20.67 & 18.80 respectively instead of 24 per lap.

I meant to ask if anyone had received the free food/Ringwerk voucher on the trip in June, I got one in April which I was allowed to spedt on the Karting which was a bonus but I'm sure someone said they didn't get one as the locals had complained. Surely this should have meant that the lap tickets should have been reduced. Either that or you have to make a point of asking for them now otherwise you don't get it.

I'm liking the look of this even more and looks like I'll have to camp out to enjoy the full experience. Food/drink cost is very reasonable considering costs local to the Ring' and the camping cost is peanuts. Judging by the programme it looks like I may have to do a second trip again or stay 2 weekends to get in more laps unless they are ok for people to mooch through the day and don't expect you to stay put all weekend.

I will register as you guys have as they'll see the same club name anyway. :eek:k: :happee: :happee:

Back