Any major changes to Puma shell over the years ??

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redexr

So, I've got this P reg Puma 1.7 and an 02 1.7 as well (turns out 02 was actually built 6/01) and the P reg will need lots of new bits. As I only paid peanuts for the 02 I'm wondering if everything will just bolt straight on from 02 to P. I can't see that Ford would have altered much, except the different interior trims/switches etc. But does anyone know of any pitfalls etc.

The P reg will have fork mounted shocks and the 02 will have eye mounted shocks and the P reg will have a narrower axle with 10mm spacers each side and the 02 will be just as wide without the spacers. You can swap the axles and shocks complete though. Plus put the spacers on your o2 axle if you wished.

The 02 has larger calipers and disks and larger drums which can be swapped.

There is a difference to the rear floor but apart from carpet / fitment I don't think it causes any issues.

One is an analogue dash car and the o2 is digital so any gearbox / engine swaps will likely raise some probs. The P reg has a cable driven speedo and the 02 doesn't. The ECU'S are different as well. That's what quickly springs to mind but I expect others will be a long with more nitty gritty.

http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=67" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sorry to ask a stupid question but how hard is it to fit early spacers to a late model rear axle? Are there any issues with rubbing etc.

Thanks

It is not hard, the biggest issue, is to get the abs sensor out whitout braking it, as the wire has to run trough the spacer.

It's not widens as such, its only made to not need the spacer :)

There shouldn't be anny rubbing issues whit standard wheels, fitting the spacer is basically the same as fitting a rear disc conversion, as that widens the track by about 10mm as well :) or was it 17mm ? Don't remember at the moment. But should not make any real problems :)

Back