Any recommendations which back box? (with link)

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sylvester

Hi guys

Im thinking to change the back box, but don't want the sportex one from ebay, I've read it they can be very annoying. I just want a nice little burble. Found this website, any experience with any of these?

http://m.mister-auto.co.uk/en/end-silencer/ford-puma-ec-1-7-16v-125hp_v7813_g3437.html

Cheers

I've never heard of any of those exhausts. The old recommendations used to be either Piper or Miltek depending on what type of thing you were looking for.

Thanks for the reply guys. Deleted the previous post by mistake sorry :roll:
It seems getting a good quality back box starts £250+ unfortunately that's a bit too much :oops: So now I'm just looking for a genuine silencer with the oval ending, which I've seen on many Pumas.
There's so many on ebay and on other websites with different prices, I'm just not sure which one is the right one.
Can anyone send me a link with the (2001 1.7) genuine, oval ending one please? Or something similar that my insurer won't claim as modifications. Cheers

Maybe something like this? https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-PUMA-Bosal-Exhaust-Rear-Silencer-154-327-1-6-03-97-06-02/390807357599?fits=Car+Make%3AFord%7CModel%3APuma%7CCars+Year%3A2001%7CPlat_Gen%3AEC_%7CCars+Type%3A1.7+16V%7CVariant%3AEC_+%5B1997-2002%5D+Coupe&epid=1637908084&hash=item5afdef089f:g:GyoAAOxy039TNFEJ

There's no aftermarket back boxes that look like the original chrome tip from what I can remember. That eBay link is likely just a completely standard pattern part.

red said:
[post]366453[/post] There's no aftermarket back boxes that look like the original chrome tip from what I can remember. That eBay link is likely just a completely standard pattern part.
Thank you Red, that original one with the chrome tip sounds good to me. Any chance you know a place where I'd buy it?

Back