Apple releases 'iPad'

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just bought an Android tablet for a bit over £60

Does 90% of what an ipad can, and a lot more besides. Just doesn't have the style.

How much is style worth to you?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/INCH-TABLET-GOOGLE-ANDROID-MARKET/dp/B003WM578I/ref=pd_rhf_p_t_1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Saw on a magazine the other day that ipad 3 is on the way, well i guessed so as only saw it on the cover.

Pointless stupid things anyway!

The main use I have found for the mini tablet is to keep it on the sideboard downstairs.

Checking e-mails then becomes a 15 second task, rather than coming up to the office and using the work machine, or firing up the Windows laptop, which takes a good few minutes as you know.

Angry Birds (It comes included) is quite fun on the larger screen too

I certainly wouldn't pay ipad money for such limited usage.

On the other hand I saw a Macbook Air 10 or 11 inch the other day, and it is a true thing of beauty. I have no requirement for it, but if the lappie broke I might be tempted to divert some company money towards it rather than give it to the chancellor. Running a limited company has to have some benefits

And what I have just realised, looking at the date on the original post here is that less than 18 months from launch the aficionados are already wetting their knickers with excitement about the launch of i-pad 3.

Meanwhile, good news for our Welsh members.

They will see the launch of the Welsh versions in October. They are partly financed by the Welsh Assembly (Government), and are fully bilingual offering seamless translation between Welsh and Polish, though the Internet based services will not work very well north of Aberystwyth until 2017 at the earliest.

These versions will also differ from those used in the rest of the UK as they are to be branded DaiPhone and DaiPad.

Now, that Android google tablet is priced about right for what is a non-essential, but handy, piece of techno-bling gadgetry... Apple just relies on image, zealots and marketing ploys....

Well, I bought one last weekend. I didn't bother with a 3G one as I already have an iPhone, so I just got the iPad 2 16B Wifi.

I bloody love it though - it's much more than an enlarged iPhone. It's even gone as far as replacing my laptop as my primary internet browser.

Well worth the money :cool:

I have to confess to recently adding an item of tablet techno-bling to my gadget array..... :oops:

Although not being an Apple zealot I did not go with any iPad.

Instead the Asus Eeepad (Transformer) - which runs on Google Android 3, and runs very well. There is the standalone tablet part, which also clips into a keyboard if wanted. Mostly when using it for leisure I use it in tablet form, but clip it into the keypad for some work functions. Can run up to 16 hours on a single charge.... Am actually very impressed with it and although I will still use my laptop at times, this has certainly taken ovr for day to day browsing, Facebook etc

Neil said:
Well, I bought one last weekend. I didn't bother with a 3G one as I already have an iPhone, so I just got the iPad 2 16B Wifi.

I bloody love it though - it's much more than an enlarged iPhone. It's even gone as far as replacing my laptop as my primary internet browser.

Well worth the money :cool:

Same here I got mine on launch day in March wierdly no ques or anything in Argos! lol

I was in 2 minds thinking can it replace my laptop and it has, so easy and fast to check mail go on net show friends etc. Only use laptop for anything heavy duty and autocad etc.
Photobooth is so much fun as well!

I got mine in a dodo case that looks like a book but protects it well.

The downside I find with checking my emails on the iPad is they can't be deleted from the account, only the iPad. I logged into Gmail for the first time in ages and there was rather a lot of junk backed up!

I have to admit though, there are only a handful of apps that are genuinely useful. A lot are of the gimicky sort. I mostly use mine for internet browsing, and controlling my iTunes library if I can't be bothered to get up to walk over to the laptop :lol:

Neil said:
The downside I find with checking my emails on the iPad is they can't be deleted from the account, only the iPad. I logged into Gmail for the first time in ages and there was rather a lot of junk backed up!

I have to admit though, there are only a handful of apps that are genuinely useful. A lot are of the gimicky sort. I mostly use mine for internet browsing, and controlling my iTunes library if I can't be bothered to get up to walk over to the laptop :lol:

I see on yahoo mail it works both ways for me if I delete etc on ipad, pc or iphone it deletes on same yahoo account and shows within seconds on each device.

Yea a lot of it is silly, I find it most useful for reading magazines and books now as well.
And angry birds is great on the big screen, and recently found a pinball game that is really cool!

Neil said:
Have you got IMAP enabled on your Gmail account? I use Gmail and iPad independently of one another at different times, and whatever happens on the computer is replicated on the iPad and vice versa.

Back