Back in the fun-seat

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SaintGrimm

Hi All!

Whenever I get a new car, I generally tend to find the most active forum related to it so I can scope out what's what with my new buy but with the Puma things have been totally backwards and this is where I've come last!

Basically; I'm 24 this year and the Puma was car #10! Been driving 5 years and had a variety of stuff. Recently my Mk3 Golf TDI went kaput so I nipped down the local garage and started drawing up plates of stuff I wanted. I'll admit a Puma wasn't on the list.
In fact, a Fiesta was higher on the list of 'stuff I had considered' but it's because I forgot the Puma existed. When I ran my insurance numbers it was a pull between the Puma, a Vauxhall Astra 1.6, a Vauxhall Vectra 2.0 and a VW Golf Estate.
When I finally paid for the puma, the guy that owns the garage said "when you came here, you said you wanted a car with a big boot so you can carry all your equipment that was cheap to run and you've just bought a 2-door sports coupe?"

And that's that. Now I have a Puma. It goes against everything but boy am I glad I did.
It's got its niggles (speedo is guestimation incarnate, the temperature gauge has no clue what it's doing, my clutch housing is leaking and my insurance went mental at me, there is ZERO service history and someone has slapped some ripspeed stuff on the sills and it has a chrome rear wiper) but I stand by my purchase! The thing is the ultimate fun-toy when I want it to be and completely civil when I need it to be.

It goes back into the garage I got it from on Tuesday so they can remove the gearbox and sort one of the cylinders (I can't remember if it's the master or not but it's certainly leaking) and they "promise" to sort everything (I put that in quotation marks but so far they have been very helpful)

Anyway, once these niggles are sorted, I hope to spend a great deal of time here! The car is everything I never expected it to be.

When my friend told me to buy a Ford I did laugh very loudly but now I bought this - I wonder why it took me 10 cars to do so....

Flying Scotsman said:
if you have any plans for your car.

You know, everyone has asked me this and I don't think I do. Other than get it back to being reliable - it's pretty spot on!

Thanks for all the welcomes :)

SaintGrimm said:
Flying Scotsman said:
if you have any plans for your car.

You know, everyone has asked me this and I don't think I do. Other than get it back to being reliable - it's pretty spot on!

Thanks for all the welcomes :)

The better question would be "what plans has your Puma got for you"? :grin:

quest63 said:
Flying Scotsman said:
The better question would be "what plans has your Puma got for you"? :grin:

As long as the answer doesn't involve me being upside down and on fire - it can have whatever plans it likes :p

News from the garage - they are reassembling my engine, replaced the leaking hydraulic thrust bearing and should be finishing up the new temperature sensor by 4:30 :thumbs: I so look forward to getting it back!

Hi and welcome, I'm new around here myself.

You mentioned the boot, well I've found it surprisingly big! With a little patience and putting the rear seats down I've managed to get a 42" flat screen TV in there. OK the rest of the family had to walk home, but the TV still fitted. A good car to take to IKEA though it does focus the mind.

Back