Bikes..

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

red

Administrator
Staff member
Can anyone recommend any 400-500cc bikes made between 1994 and 2004ish?

Thank you muchly :)

What you looking for?

Grey import CBR400 is worth looking at - bit of a pocket rocket, and if you are 6 foot + can be a bit small but a cracking ride otherwise

I'm touching 6ft

Does owning an import have any/many downsides i.e. insurance etc?

I have seen a few imports which are in KPH

Err.. looking for anything which doesn't look too old really and doesnt cost a fortune.

I have been spying GSX-R 400's and also CB500's so far.

Why the cc limit?

Some of the best bikes are 600's, far more choice as its a very popular band

Because in 2006 I had 2 claims on my car insurance which has pushed my Bike insurance up without the added benefit of being able to use my 6 years NCB.

Hence im under the illusion that staying below 600 will keep the premium down a bit that's the main reason.

Check with Bennets - see what they say, cos the difference may not be worth blinking at. Esp when you may end up paying more dosh for the bike as a 400 than a 600 due to there being less 400's around.

Depends which bikes I assume but did a quick try with a GSX-R600 and a GSX500 and the prices was about £300 different :(

Ok, lets have a re think.

Are you after a gutsy commuter, or a road racer?

I prefer the road racer style bikes, I've always been a fan of the FireBlades, Ninjas, GSX-Rs, R1, R6's etc

But i'm also open to other things like the Suzuki bandit i.e. half sport half open type thing.

I'm swaying this way aslong as I can find a reasonable one when I am looking to buy..

2002552221330900148_rs.jpg

Honda VFR 400 can pick up a 1994 model nice guttsy little bike and reliable still the sporty racer too?

Fantastic, I love both of those!

I assume you also own a Puma!! Where abouts are you based? What's your Puma like?

Latest posts

Back