Brakes? CV Joint? <Clutches Head In Hands>

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sarah

My car's making a noise again. When I brake. It's the graunchy thing, this time coming from the rear. The reason I mention the CV joint is that last year, the car I'm driving now broke out into song midway between home and Cheshire, garnering me rather curious looks from passers-by. It went something like this...

'GDFUY%!(&*YONDFGIAH{+()*(&*("E$&) !"BRRRRRRRMGRAUNCHGRAUNCHGRAUNCHIO"EO&*O"%*BI*"**"BIGBILL.OHYES.'

A friend came round, looked at it and went, 'ah, that's your CV joint,' and sorted it out by (I think, I'm not sure) lying under my car for a few minutes, hitting stuff and then reappearing.

I don't know if current noise is the same, but I do know that since having the car (done 50k on it....) nothing has changed on the brakes. Pads. Discs. Nuffink. There is a helluva lot of brake dust on my wheels, too. I could release my own range of quirky black alloys. Anyway, I digress - what the feck is wrong with my car? Again?

Ta. And maybe tea if you come round and sort it out for me :grin:

Could I have some quotes, please? It just started suddenly, too, all of a sudden. No warning. Are wheel bearings really that loud?

Sarah said:
Could I have some quotes, please?

I'll kick off with one then:

'Never before, in the field of human conflict, has so much been owed by so many to so few' - Winston Churchill

:thumbs:

Graunching at the back could be just a collection of brake / shoe dust. I was convinced my rear brake shoes were down to the metal when I was braking until the drum came off. More dust and particles than at a 60's party. Cleaned it all up and it sounded as smooth as an oiled mole. Is you're ABS light flickering sometimes? Might be the dust.

Jack up the wheel off the floor Sarah ...spin the wheel.... you'll be able to tell straight away if it's the bearing as it will be 'grating' and noisy.....

rear bearings arn't too big a job to replace, so the bill shouldn't be too bad... :)

may not be that tho....bit hard to diagnose over the net..lol

Chris

Back