Breaking Y874 RCB - Parts for Sale

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi mate, can you post a picture of the drivers side door? And how much do you want for it?

I can collect after I move into my new house on the 16th as I will be in Hertfordshire so not too far.

I may also be interested in the leather interior depending on condition and price!

Hi Dave.

Yes I can, although it will have to be tomorrow I'm afraid. Door is dent free, tiny tiny little bit of paint missing from the outer edges though, and the rubber seal at the top of the window has folded under. Window runs a bit slow though, think it's time for it's bi-annual oiling. Say £30? If you don't want the interior though, it will come without a doorcard. If you do, I'll leave it on!

Interior wise, it is in very good condition, having been fed and cleaned by me for the past 2 years. I was hoping to ask £200 for it, for the seats, doorcards, carpet, rooflining and tbh anything else you would like. All subject to a final clean and pictures of course. You may need Will be a week or so until I get round to doing that anyway. A bag or two of trim clips will be needed too.

Happy to store anything for a while in the garage, it's just the shell that needs to be gone so I can work on my new car!

Gone through my Picasa (at work), and found the below picture of the door.

The paint loss
2012-01-07%252011.52.31.jpg

Apart from that, its straight.

Ok those little paint chips are fine, I have some touch up paint in the garage I can sort that out with. I am looking for a new door mainly for cosmetic reasons though (mine has a bit of a dent in it) so I hope you don't mind if I ask for a photo of the whole door (no hurry though)? Looks like the paint is a bit faded, does it just need cleaning?

On the evening of Sunday 16th I'll be using the M40, so could very easily drop by and collect if you're available then? Cash on collection?

£200 sounds very reasonable for the interior, would only really be wanting the seats and door cards, but would be down to whatever I can fit in the car really! Would have to make a decision when I see it.

No probs Dave. The paint is definatly not faded, this was taken when I tested a new wax, so let it get absolutely filthy. Here it is clean. You can see where I've cleaned around the indicator lens, this would have been taken just before it was foamed and washed with the 2 bucket method :eek:k:

2011-12-10%252015.47.24.jpg

I'll give it another wash on the weekend and get some up to date pictures for you. No probs with the interior, I'll be taking it out anyway, you can take what you like. if it's a dry day I will lay it out on the lawn for you to look at, if not then you'll have to squeeze into the garage!

Does the boot lock come as part of the light or not? If so, then it is stiff and the key doesn't work in it. If not, and the lock stays with the car then obviously no problems!

Erm, say £20 posted?

Will try to take them out at the weekend, will PM you when they are out un damaged! Anyone know how they come out?

Bum the lock could be part of it ya know, surely must be able to swap the locks 20 sounds good let me know if the lock is part of it? if not great joy.
Bub

Will have a look over the weekend, but in principle it's yours!

Maybe post a thread on the general page? Someone will know. Then I can get some pointers on how to take it off!

Ok found one thread says this "Basically you need to pull the boot carpet away from the tail lamp area in the boot itself.
Each rear light unit is hel together by 3 x 10mm bolts, they are quite fiddly to get to but once the boot carpet is cleared enough you should see these bolts.
Just watch you don't drop the bolts lol!
you'll see when you have a butchers in your boot lol the car will pull away from the plastic, once the bolts are romoved the lights come out as one unit
Make sure you have plenty of plasters to hand. I changed both of mine last year, and there was much swearing involved."
Good luck lol i take it the light is nice and clean and not filled with dust and crap like mine?
Bub

Cheers for that, will print out out tomorrow and have a go on saturday morning. The boot does lock, and if you push the button it pops but I tried putting the key in once and it was so stiff I feared for the key so left it!

No, can't remember it ever being filled with crap. Will whip it off and send you some detailed pictures.

Few pictures I've found on my picasa (they are not any worse or better than these pics)

20120715_120415.jpg

2011-12-10%252012.07.44.jpg

2011-12-10%252012.46.17.jpg

No problem. PM Sent.

If anyone else wants any body panels, let me know. Thinking...

Bootlid - £50 Collected

Passenger Door - £30 collected

Wings - £20 Each collected (minimal damage on the passenger side where someone caught me coming out of a car park, same as the lights. Will probably bend out, right on the lip)

Rear Bumper? - £20 collected? The worse panel cosmetically, the paint is slightly burnt where I practised machine polishing, it's been backed into something in it's past and the paint is slightly cracked as it does, and I caught a wall once and left a few small scuffs.

Front Bumper - £20 collected? No paint on it at all, and peppered in stonechips. Will need sanding, filling and spraying, hopefully better than Ford did from the factory!

Dash? - £20, providing I can get it out of the car!

All these are subject to me taking them off, may need to ask for help to hold them etc so they don't twist. If not, then don't worry but if you can pop up and help, that would be grand!

TBH, pretty much anything that can be taken off can go. If anyone wants the engine then PM me, would deffo need help taking it out. It had a new clutch 8k ago if it helps, I bought the parts from ford, local indy fitted it.

The lock stays with the car. Rear lights are easily removed, just make sure you have enough of an extension bar on your ratchet. I normally loosen them with the ratchet handle then wind by hand with the extension bar, tilt it down a bit as the nut is coming off and you won't lose it.

Do you have the rubber strip below the front bumper? If so how much u want for it posted mate?

I do, although it's not in great condition. I caught it on a kerb a few months ago, which folded it under itself, drove to work and rubbed away a bit of it on one corner. It's also riveted on, so would need to drill those out, and hopefully not damage it.

Leave it with me, I'll take some pictures tomorrow, and maybe try to remove it and come back to you.

Cheers

Sam

beko1987 said:
I do, although it's not in great condition. I caught it on a kerb a few months ago, which folded it under itself, drove to work and rubbed away a bit of it on one corner. It's also riveted on, so would need to drill those out, and hopefully not damage it.

Leave it with me, I'll take some pictures tomorrow, and maybe try to remove it and come back to you.

Cheers

Sam

Cheers.

It's likely that won't concern me as I'll be cutting it up anyway, pretty much halfing the width and cutting both ends off after it attachs behind the bumper - Its simply to plug the gap made with an FRP Splitter fitted. I modified mine but didn't cut it right and it's bugging me.

Hi Gray.

here is the damage, everything else is as it left ford, maybe with some scrapes on the bottom edge, but nothing not of the ordinary.

IMG_20120907_133418.jpg

I've got one of the whole splitter on the car, will upload it in a bit.(bloody internet!)

Cheers

Sam

Latest posts

Back