broken frp :-( prob driveshaft...again!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jacko

driving to work, went over a small hump back bridge (no i wasnt airbourne!!!) and felt like it popped out of gear....but with a grinding noise....

ho hum....

me & the rac guy reckon drivehsaft

back home, by the time i got to work id barely have an hour there so might start ripping into her so can see whats what

Blimey Jacko , your car has quite an appetite for driveshafts! :eek:

Jacko's just sent me a picture via MMS of the break:

22062010779.jpg

Quite impressive!

Latest update : It's all fixed!

jacko said:
"F__king proud of that!!! Cars already fixed! What was holding my wheel on I dont know"
:lol:

22062010780.jpg

Sweet Mother of God!!!!!!

Jacko, A* Sir Top the class in Drive shaft destruction!!

can i have a day off now please? spent sunday polybushing the wishbones, monday trying to find a clonk and today fixing a broken axle / cv joint!!!!

ps the clonk was a tiny bit of play in the new ball joints, gave it an extra 'grunt' and all tight now.

happy tho, 4hrs and £30 & shes running again :)

cheers to tyeboi for running me to the driveshaft shop :)
hope the throttle body settles & the new wishbones are good...

original ford cv joint that snapped.....

new one is shaftec (brand new). snapped a ford driveshaft before, replaced with shaftec copy....all has been well so happy iv got one of their cv joints now.

Oh well at least its sorted :grin:

I replaced my original Ford items with Shaftec parts too, they are briliant :cool:

Dont know why the wheel would come off??? i thought on those hubs the hole where the screw thread on the stubshaft goes through hub isnt big enough to pull through the spline???

you could cause massive accelerated bearing wear as its not tight up against the CV flange to remove "wobble" :twisted:

Back