Broken spark plug

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnnyRico

So i bought my w reg puma a couple of months ago and all was well or so i thought.

About a week ago the aux belt started squealing and even i know that noise means get a new belt. So i got a new belt but in the process of taking the old belt off i noticed that the water pump pulley was hanging at an angle and not in line with the rest of them and i honestly dont know how the belt was staying on.

Put it in to a garage to to get the water pump changed and the cam belt because i dont think it was ever done.

So 400 quid and 2 days later (they couldnt get the camshaft bolt off and broke locking pins in the process) i finally got it back. But instantly noticed that in low revs and i try to put the foot down it stuttered and jump a bit. i took it to be that it might take a bit for the new cam belt to settle (stupid idea) and drove it around for about 100 mile.

This morning i decided id take advantage of the nice weather and see about cleaning the MAF and what not but decided to check the plug wells for oil as i thought that might be grounding then and causing the stutter. As soon as i looked into the 3rd well i noticed a huge crack in the ceramic (new ngk plugs i put in less than a month ago).

Instantly pissed off i put in an old plug i had lying around and drove back to see what happened to it because it was fine before it went in. They denied all knowledge of even touching the plug but got me new ones anyway.

It runs perfectly fine now but would running it with the broken plug have damaged anything else in the engine or otherwise??

any help would greatly be appreciated.

Doubt if any damage has been caused (so long as you didn't drop any ceramic bits in of course) no worse than having any other sort of misfire, b****y annoying but not harmful unless left to long

Latest posts

Back