Can't open my bonnet, help! :?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fillup

Hi, I've had my puma about 4 weeks now and I really want to stay on top of oil top ups - and screen wash would be nice too. The bonnet DOES open cause the guy i bought it off did it without thinking and i have actually opened it once or twice but can't get it open again! it's either me fiddling with it so much has knackered it or i simply just do not know the magic finger motion to get her open (take that as you will). The catch under the steering wheel works so it can't actually be broken, can it?

Any hints, tricks or a tutorial video would be hugely appreciated.

Phil

(newbie to the site will post pics once I've sorted this out)

I take it the bonnet pops onto the catch when you pull the lever inside?

It's difficult to know without seeing what's stopping it. I used to find mine a little fiddly when I first got it. If you pop the bonnet and then look under it at the front, just to the right of the centre you should see the yellow plastic end of the lever. It does push up towards the bonnet but the whole mechanism is tilted slightly towards you - might sound meaningless but if you pull up on the lever slowly you will notice. Sometimes if you try pulling it up at the wrong angle it doesn't really budge.

I'm unsure what else to say in the absence of more info.

Oddly enough i managed it first try just after i posted this. I think it's just a really particular bonnet catch and i'm not used to it yet. Lucky i got it open as i'm low on coolant.

Back