car failed mot

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LOONEY

its a sad day car failed her mot after alot of work bean done. on emissions its had a new cat on but bean told it wants a new lambda sensor and a head light and the brake flexi pipe was to tight but i think iv sorted it now just moved it on the bracket so that should be ok now just thought id say

Sorry to hear that dude. Did you get/are you getting a free re-test now you've sorted it?

looked on advisory and it say front brakes 20%inbalance whats this mean iv just fitted the 300mm brake and they feel loads better the oe ones iv read that could be bleeding or the sliders if i take them back off the put some copper crease on with this fix it?

Take em off and remove and clean the sliders, get them nice and shiny, use a wire wheel if you can to get all the shit off and rust off them then put some copper slip (copper grease) on them and put the back in the carrier. Carefull of the rubber boot, try not to split it. Does the car pull to one side when you stamp on the anchors?

You might as well get a new lambda and get the emissions sorted properly mate. By the time you've spend money on things to try and get it passed, you could have bought the proper part.
If you find something to 'pass' the test, you could end up forgetting to sort it out properly and still be in the same situation next MOT time.

Don't know what quality they are (supposed to be the same as NGK but a different name) but I've found this while looking for Puma parts:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NGK-NTK-O...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item19d0dd5f1f

** I'm assuming a new lambda will fix your emissions problem...

Did he give you a print off

If you have fitted a new cat then it won't be clogged up. Have you replaced the Lambda sensor yet. Buy an NTK (its made by NGK) . I spotted some on ebay last week for approx £60.

Make sure you re bleed the front brakes.
there is also a possibility that one of the caliper pistons is sticking slightly. So it might be worth popping out both pistons on the calipers and cleaning them up

i also have take the caliper off and and grease the sliders up they was not that much grease on them and was a little hard to move so that should be ok now

fail again to day the man saying it burning to much oil so not only and i fxxked off but its cost me way to much money so it may have to go

how come its now burning oil when it wasnt before,i think you should get a 2nd opinion on this as something isnt right,is the car throwing out blue smoke when running? sounds like the garage hasnt a clue and just trying to get money out of you.
in fact take it to a different mot station,preferbly a council one if possible or get a mot station to just do an emissions test before another mot

Has he given you the emissions test print out that I asked about from the first failure sheet? Why didn't he mention the blue smoke problem previously? Have you by chance overfilled it with oil since the last test? There are some good additives out there to reduce the blue smoke if it is actually excessive?

Back