Car YouTube

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neil

I was wondering what (if any) car based YouTube channels we all watch or subscribe to? I've become a little obsessed with some channels - there are some great people out there putting out fantastic car based content. Some of my favourites:

HubNut - Very much at the cheap end of the car ownership spectrum, but fantastically nerdy as well. 'Project Invacar' is a particular highlight. Probably my favourite channel at the minute.

CarWow - a bit 'What Car', but on YouTube. I really like Mat Watson though and how down to earth his reviews are.

Harry's Garage - the total opposite of HubNut. I could listen to him talk for hours. Super well produced stuff and some truly gorgeous cars.

Carfection - I mainly watch this for Henry Catchpole (ex of Evo)'s stuff. Not hugely real world, but some good stuff.

JayEmm on Cars - I've been following him for a while now, and I'm still undecided if he's a bit of a knob or not. He certainly seems to know his stuff though.

Fully Charged - I follow this mainly for Johnny Smith now, he's doing a great job talking about EV's without becoming overly evangelical about them, something Robert Llywellen tends to be.

Smith & Sniff - Two blokes in a car, talking bollocks. Very funny.

Bad Obsession Motorsport - 'Project Binky' Enough said.

That's all I can think of for now - what else do we all watch?

Neil said:
JayEmm on Cars - I've been following him for a while now, and I'm still undecided if he's a bit of a knob or not.

If you want my opinion (I know you don't lol), don't be undecided. I say you're correct in your initial thinking plus he doesn't know as much as he thinks he does imo

As for Carwow... can't watch him, irritating.

Have watched all the other channels you mention once or twice except for HunNut and Bad Obsession, seen them on my recommended but never watched. Used to watch Fully Charged fairly regularly but stopped a few months back.

Now I just watch anything that peaks my interest, either a single episode or mini series, like full throttle's RX8 build & a couple of his other mini series. Used to watch Mighty Car Mods a lot, but like, all the like, likes that Moog spat out like out of his like mouth..LIKE, really like got on like my like nerves like....FFS!!! Plus he's messes around like a totally dick sometimes!

Also watch Doug DeMuro now & again but that guy comes out with some of the worst crap I've heard sometimes but he does get to review some decent stuff.

I do watch Jay Leno's garage quite a lot, but I steer clear of repeat car owners who are "regulars" to show off what they have as a distraction for screen time for their unconnected products, like the wristwatch guy with his Ferrari collection.

I just realised, I'm a miserable prick...all I do is moan hahaha ;p

Bad Obsession Motorsport - Watch and find out!

Cleetus McFarland - Just about anything and eveything car and modification related but swaying more towards making cars go as fast as possible.

Daily Driven Exotics - Guys driving around in high performance/hyper cars ripping up tarmac and generally having a good time.

Humble Mechanic - Ex-VW mechanic doing podcast type Q&A videos and car/modification tutorials.

Mighty Car Mods - 2 Australian friends who buy and modify cars.

Samcrac - Buys budget/salvaged vehicles, repairs them at minimal cost.

Tavarish - Basically does the same as Samcrac, but in his own way.

vTuned Garage - Again, buys salvaged vehicles but does all the rebuilding (welding, painting etc.) himself. Seems to be a very talented young guy. Did repairs on one of Samcracs project cars. I've not watched many of his videos yet so there may be more content I haven't mentioned.

Wrench Every Day - Tavarish and his friend Andrew Howell do podcast type videos along with vehicle modification/rebuild videos.

Back