CD5000 Radio can't pick up a signal

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DerbyDan

Not sure if this is 'Urgent' enough for this section - but as i've got a potential buyer for my car coming to veiw it on Sunday, its kinda urgent :?

Anyway, soon after I brought my car I removed the original CD5000 Cassette player & replaced it with an Alpine CD player - now i'm selling the car I wanted to keep my nice Alpine & re-fit the original Rad/cass.

Last night I removed the Alpine & re-plugged in the Ford unit (luckily I have the code :grin: ) but it doesn't seem to want to lock-in on any radio stations it just keeps scanning round either FM, MW or LW bands without finding anything. Its annoying as it was working perfectly before I removed it some three or so years ago :roll:

I first thought that i'd left off the arial lead when I first pushed the unit into the dash - but it was all connected fine, i've now tried it with another (telescopic) type arial that I had lying in my box of car audio bits & still no joy - just hissing :|

I just wondered if anyone else has, had the same experienced? & was there a cure? Or is my radio duff?

Latest posts

Back