Changed rear bushes

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shyann

Brian my other half recently [at the weekend] changed my rear bushes on my Kat.There was still a klonking whenever I went over the numerous potholes & speed humps, having already put new shocks & rubber mounts on the Puma. As the weather was better & he had a few days off he changed the bushes.
The reasons for putting the Ordinary Ford Bushes in instead of the Powerflex ones was :-
-As my Kat is an old R Reg & hopefully in a couple of years I'll get a newer Kat.
-The Ford bushes are cheaper, even more so 'cos my brother-in-law gets Ford Discount.
-I've heard that you get a harder, noisier ride with the Powerflex ones.

I'm putting a couple of piccys in the gallery of what Brian did.

After jacking the car up safely & securely, he exposed the old bush & drilled it out, cleaned & deburred it. The old bushes were completely Knackered & really needed doing.Using a tool similar to one you can buy £60+ helped put most of the new bush inplace.It's a Very Tight Fit & wpouldn't go fully into place. Only one thing for it, he took the axel off leaving the brake hub [he cut the ABS wires & reattached them later when he put the axel back- otherwise it's more work because you'd have to take the brakes off]He took the axel to his friend who had a hydraulic press to finish off putting the tight bushes in. Then it was a matter of fixing the axel back,reattach the ABS brakes & hub. He finished tightening the suspension when the Puma was on his wheels.

In hindsight it would be easier to let a good garage do it, or to fit the Powerflex ones which are a lot easier to fit.

Ann

I need mine doing aswell, knocks over speed bumps at the front! What's it like now its been done then? Knocking stopped I take it? Is the ride the same or softer??

Went for a lovely drive around the country roads and ... No Klonking.
He handled well & was a pleasure to drive. :wub:
This morning I gave him a good wash & wax [not Brian - the Kat]
He looked gleaming ... only down point those marks haven't come out & :cry: I found a couple more :cry:

Latest posts

Back