Changing my side indicators

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wiztic

Hey there,

This is my first post, just joined today :)

I have just purchased a 2001 1.7 and am looking to make it my own. One of the first things I would like to do is change my side indecators from orange blobs to something a like more stylish...I Have seen some smoked replacements on Ebay for £5 and I was wondering if anyone had a 'how to' or some tips on how to swap them over :)

Thankyou

Tom, new to the world of Pumas, but loving it!

Welcome along Tom :D

Have a read of this thread with regard to indicators:

http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?t=2033" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

They should just twist out fairly simply but if they get stuck, you may need to go in from behind the wing to free them up.

Don't forget to have a read of the frequently asked newbie questions as well just incase there is anything bugging you..

http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?t=22" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Have a good look about, post anywhere and ask any question, no matter how big or small.

Welcome to the site :D

I have nothing more useful to add so..

..Enjoy the site and your car :D

Alreeet!

I have smoked side repeaters and they look cool....

anyways welcome to you and yr Kat :D

You need to twist them clockwise from outside the wing to undo them, anti-clockwise from inside the wing.
Use a rubber glove for better grip.

Hello and welcome! That first link Dal posted is my thread, and I went for smoked ones on my silver puma, think it looks good as the front lights are very dark as standard so matches-having said that Clear look good too, both better than orange!

Hopefully your old ones will come straight out, mine didnt (8 years without being moved) but I got there in the end.

Any questions just ask! :)

Ive just put clear ones on on Sunday, they were very stuck but couldnt be bothered taking out the arch liner, so sawed (is that even a word?)across the front with a bread knife (couldnt find my saw), job done in about 3 minutes yay

Hi + welcome... :cool:

Couple of tips...

When removing the old repeaters, clean and wax the paintwork around the repeater hole, makes removing them later a LOT easier.

If the new ones are stiff to install, remove them and have a look at how they twist fit and using a VERY sharp knife, CAREFULLY and gradually shave off the plastic bayonet moulding on the repeater itself. Eventually you'll find they can be fitted securely but not over tightly...which makes them much easier to remove in the future.

Some of the poorer quality ones are badly dimensioned and do not allow the bulb to fit inside the lens properly, others are glued together badly and the lens falls off...

I have Fiat Coupé side repeaters with LED bulbs on my Puma- smaller, prettier and perkier IMO :D
[albumimg]1331[/albumimg]

Thanks alot for all your help :) Looking forward to the world of Puma's ahead lol :)

Back