What break disc fits my 1999?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SwedishCar

Hey!
Im in the mood to change the front discs and pads on my 1999 puma. I think i have a set of 240mm on right now. They are oem discs. I would like to get some 258mm vented brembo ones with brembo pads. Do these even fit my car? Are there any other good options?
My main concern is that i need to change something else. Im looking for something i can just bolt on. Thanks !!
Sorry if im in the wrong thread.

You'll need to fit the bigger Calipers from a post 2000 puma to fit the bigger 258mm discs.

The standard 240mm discs are vented.
I'm planning on upgrading my 99 Puma from 238mm to 258mm as the calipers aren't in great condition, but the actual difference in stopping power isn't that different from the 258mm on my 2001 Puma.
My new project Quantum 2+2 (1986 Fiesta van van based) has 220mm solid discs and they are really poor, so upgrading them to 238mm vented discs as fitted the the XR2.

I'm planning on upgrading my 99 Puma from 238mm to 258mm as the calipers aren't in great condition, but the actual difference in stopping power isn't that different from the 258mm on my 2001 Puma.
My new project Quantum 2+2 (1986 Fiesta van van based) has 220mm solid discs and they are really poor, so upgrading them to 238mm vented discs as fitted the the XR2.
There wasn't much difference when I did the conversion but it was noticeable and looks slightly better behind the wheels. I noticed the biggest difference when I went up to the st150 setup with the 278mm disc. If you're not running fan blades I'd definitely recommend it.

There wasn't much difference when I did the conversion but it was noticeable and looks slightly better behind the wheels. I noticed the biggest difference when I went up to the st150 setup with the 278mm disc. If you're not running fan blades I'd definitely recommend it.
Yea i would really like it for the looks mostly i guess. I have 16 rims so the discs are more noticable. The 240 looks kind of small right now.

For a straight swap use the the fiesta st setup, don't waste time or money on anything else!

Latest posts

Back