Coolant Level Drop

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jasper65

I always find myself topping up the coolant on the Puma every week or so. when we first picked up the puma there was a leak from the hose under the Distributor which was repaired yet the car still loses water somewhere? I checked all the obviouse places and can't find any signs of water leakage. the car runs perfect apart from this small problem.

was also thinking of buy some of this stuff! anyone used it?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Holts-Rad...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item1c191f9861

I used it on my previous car and it plugged the leak OK but I only did it as I was getting rid of the car and didn't want to spend any cash on it.

Not sure I would have used it if I was planning on keeping the car as I've heard some horror stories about it.

It can be the Holy Grail if yer skint mate and the devil if your flush (excuse the pun).

Maybe the seal on the cap isn't great and it's evaporating a little each time?

Do you have a pink/red coolant mix? If so it should be fairly visible where the leak is coming from...

I had a slight on on/behind the HCV, unfortunately touching it broke the HCV in half so be careful.

I also had one between the engine and the battery, same place as you I think... I drained the coolant sanded the pipe down a bit to clean it and then stuck a jubilee clip on it (I hate the spring clips)...

Any way... The pipe still appears to be leaking (either that or I didn't clean the old coolant off as well as I thought I did and the car has a third leak).

On that note I suggest you check that pipe again :)

Dan

Latest posts

Back