Dampers for less body roll.

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gigglebug

Hi all

Here's a list of the things bought and will be ready to fit all in one go.

All OE ford and new;

Front wishbones (with powerflex bushes fitted, the back and rollbar have already been done)
Droplinks
Track end rods
Suspension top mounts all round
Front Suspension bush thingy's, goes with the topmount

Bilstein B3 springs.

Just need to choose the dampers now. I would like a little less body roll than I have now so want to get the right choice between

KYB
Bilstein B4
OE Ford

All will be under £250 so any long term experiences of any of the above mods would greatly received! I don't know how much effect changing everything will have as far as the handling/ride comfort is concerned, either positive or negative. I don't mind losing a degree of comfort as the ride is a bit spongy/well isolated with the Rainsports fitted even though I do rate them very highly but I don't want to pick over hard dampers if the other mods are already going to firm up the ride to an appreciable level.

If anyone has had the up-rated bushes on standard suspension or used any of the aftermarket dampers I'd appreciate their view's on the effect's they have had and how they have performed long term, I don't want to be messing again for a very long time!

Thanks all

Thanks all

Back