Deep water = wet engine

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ah OK. Well its been fine but I think I might get a compression test just in case. It's not used any oil at all and drives as well as before.

Sorry if ive caused any panic, if its driving as well as it did before, then im sure it will be fine, i just thought id mention it, as im currently in the process of changing a con rod in an engine that did exactly the same thing, but as i mentioned in my earlier post, it was making a knocking noise every rotation, and i did the steps i mentioned, and piston 2 is 5mm lower then all the rest, so on opening it up, i found the bent con rod, but that engine wasnt running correctly, and was making a noise, so im sure your is fine!

Cool man, gonna get a compression test for piece of mind anyway, planning some mods and don't want to start off with a ropey engine.

jimmer69 said:
Cool man, gonna get a compression test for piece of mind anyway, planning some mods and don't want to start off with a ropey engine.

Yeah cool, as you say, best to start off with an engine thats 100%, as the more power your going for, the more unreliable it tends to get, so if youve got a 100% engine, its less likely to go wrong when your getting super power out of it! :-D Going off subject, what mods you going for, and what kind of power are you hoping to get?

Nothing serious, just gonna improve the breathing, in and out, bigger brakes and better suspension.

Then might go with cams and a remap in the new year depending on how things go. Not looking for anything massive just want to sharpen things up

Latest posts

Back