Depressed

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sarah

Last weekend, I fell 60 foot off a mountain and had to be stretchered off by Mountain Rescue. I can barely walk and am getting shooting pains all over the place. The day before was my 30th and several important people in my life forgot it. One of them, my sister, and I hadn't spoken for 3 months but I was still hoping, hope beyond hope, that she'd acknowledge it. A card rolled up 6 days later saying

'To Sarah, Happy Birthday, From Cath.'

I opened it and knew immediately that she's only doing it to pay lip service whilst our parents are still alive.

I just feel totally, totally unappreciated, unloved, and unwanted.

Poor you Sarah i'm sorry you're feeling like this. hope you recover from your injuries soon and start feeling better about other things too!
Hope you can try and mend your rift with your sister-life is too short.

PS- A belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY xx

That's all crap :(

At least your injuries were as a result of doing something you love, and you know you'll be back to is soon like the last time with your ankle.

As we've said many a time - families eh? Bloody hard work sometimes.

Did you get my text on Saturday? I was thinking about ya chuck ;) Welcome to the 30 something club.

:D

Cheers for belated birthday greetings! I think I was just so upset about not getting anything from her at all; it's not spending money, it's just acknowledging. We've got a rather complicated rift going on, though; I've made a few inroads to her but have been snubbed so it looks like I might have to consign our relationship to either history or the slow-burn benefits of time. It's not something we can just sort out, though I appreciate your thoughts on that - wish we could, too!

No, didn't get your text Dal, but that's because my super-funky touch-screen phone has a problem with its calibration so I've had to send it back to the repairers. That's made me feel a bit disconnected, too. Thank you for sending it, though

30's a nice age - so far!

Just have to give myself a bit of time to get back to peak fitness; difficult when you're impatient and the season's just begun!

Sarah said:
Just have to give myself a bit of time to get back to peak fitness; difficult when you're impatient

Tell me about it!

At least I'm back on the bike and working back up to my customary 16 mile evening ride (I won't reveal how far short of it I am right now though).

E-mail on the way.

sorry to hear of your fall - hope things work out, Sarah

it will be no consolation to you whatsoever but I have also had a fall - I slipped over on some decking while I was playing football with my granddaughter yesterday :pose2:

on the family front, an uncle died recently; I didn't get to the funeral but spoke to one cousin and told her it was a shame that we only ever seem to meet up at family funerals now - she is changing that and arranging for me to meet up with her and her 2 sisters (and associated families) later in the year. Not all relationships within families are easy, but nowadays so many families seem to be at war until someone dies - I hope it doesn't happen to you

BenF said:
... I have also had a fall - I slipped over on some decking while I was playing football with my granddaughter yesterday

That sounds a bit cruel. Can't you afford a ball?

Back