diesel,petrol

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pumba

anyone know if a 57 reg 1.4 TDCI fiesta engin would fit in a puma, a bit random i know, bit i have sorta got one for free,that only done 16k, im only running a 1.4 petrol now and the cheep tax and better low end grunt is a bit temping, but realy a diesel puma? would you kick me off the site???but anyway can it be done, would it fit? all this i dont know,

anyone any idea's ?????? :pinkeye:

Any engine can fit in any car, just depends on your budget.
Im sure you can make it fit but you will also need a lot more than the engine!! The mounts might be different, gear box, ecu and loom. Maybe more things or none of them im not an expert. With all them things its going to be costly but not impossible.

I think its a great idea but im not sure how it will compare to a real puma if the engine is heavier it will effect handling and im not sure how the two engines compare in performance and power but if they ae not similar your only making the car slower.

done some research

Puma
88 Bhp
Maximum speed 112 mph
0-60 mph 10.8 s
MPG 39
Insurance Group 9

Fiesta
67 Bhp
Maximum speed 101 mph
0-60 mph 14.7 s
MPG 76
Insurance Group 4
The engine ways 98kg and the car weighs 1065kg (random fact :shock: )
So probably wont effect handling to much. With the engine being a turbo diesel it might be slightly better through the gears, performance wise. But 0-60 is way to slow for me.

Hope this helps a bit 8)

These numbers will change as you are putting the engine in a different car

your good,looking at the numbers they dont realy add up do they but my nans fiesta seemed faster, thats where the engin is from, perhaps i need to have a think?maybe its an ebay job, thanks ben.

Its up to you, i like the diesel idea i think its great. Like i said im no expert, just sounds expensive, might not be though. With the fuel economy, insurance reduction and tax it might pay for its self.

Its the performance that would put me off. Im 22 so im speed obsesed but anyone of any shape age or size else might be more interested in economy.

Just depends what type of person you are?

You'd be lucky to get an insurance reduction.

It's a major mod and the costs would go up, not down.

Really not worth doing this. Your car would be worthless come time to sell it, and your insurance would more than likely be as much as, if not more, than it is now, being a modded car.

Fiesta prob felt faster as it's lighter?

Only worth swapping engines for more power not less...!

Just sell the car and get a diesel one.

thanks for all the input guys,i realy dont need a big project right now and even more so if its going to make my car slower,

Back