Direct line? not very direct at all

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grims_Puma

Just got new insurance my old premium was £520 with Pncb from Direct line, they sent me a renewal price of £420, I went online just to check and got it come out at £380 with the protected NCB, found one one compare the Meerkat at £343 phoned Direct line back they then managed to get it down again but only to £344 (so thats 3 different prices all from one company)
Finally went with Axa @ £343 5 years Protected NCB and my missus as a named driver (purley to lower the costs she never going to drive it)

I saw one company at the bottom of the search offer me a £3k policy with £800 excess......... :grin:

yeah they irritate me to, I had 6 of them call me today trying to offer me insurance, as soon as I said I have already gone with someone they hung up on me lol

Try this one for size, I'm with direct line and paid £450 fully comp last year 2 yrs no claims. Yesterday I got a wee quote from them because I know that my insurance is coming up, now I have an extra year's no claims, I'm a year older and nothing else has changed, the price? £650!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HOW?

It might be worth a call to my company to see if we can do any better with the ProjectPuma club discount :)

jimmer69 said:
Try this one for size, I'm with direct line and paid £450 fully comp last year 2 yrs no claims. Yesterday I got a wee quote from them because I know that my insurance is coming up, now I have an extra year's no claims, I'm a year older and nothing else has changed, the price? £650!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HOW?
Because Direct Line are crap try axa see what they say, there is no reason your insurance should increase by ver £200

DIrect line quoted me £980 went with esure at just over £450 gave Adrian flux a call they will do it for around the same price decided to get a quote on mods aswell they quoted me £700 on a puma with 400bhp no that I can get it that high without a transplant but there are definately worth a try if ur planning to or have modded

Swiftcover offering £350, phew, will give sky a ring to, will also be going to Adrian flux as they've been pretty good in the past.

Direct Line charged me an extra £300 on top of what i was paying for my Clio.. so it's now at £1350 inc. break down cover. Admiral will do the same deal for £921.. i know where i'm going next year!

Make sure you get some cheaper quotes and then haggle with your current insurer as they will meet the cheaper price if they can. My friend got a load of free clubcard points from Tesco instead of a cheaper deal, but the way she uses her points she gets four times the amount they are usually worth and so she saved more money by doing that way.

Back