Does anyone knows if the ford puma is OBD II compliant?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

puma89

Does anyone knows if the ford puma is OBD II compliant?

It has a J1962 connector but is it OBD II compliant?

Think so- You can connect the Scangauge 2 system to it via that port

http://www.scangauge2.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Website says its a OBD2
Works On All E.U. OBDII Protocols
Including CAN, required on all vehicles
starting in 2008.

Thanks! Just the answear i needed :)
looks like its a chanche it support it.

I asked the shop but they didnt know since the OBD II compliant wasnt mandated in Europe until 2002. My puma is 97.

OBDLink Scan Tool Universal OBD II 327 Interface
I am looking to buy a OBII device it says it support following things

Supports all legislated OBD protocols:
◦ISO15765-4 (CAN)
◦ISO14230-4 (Keyword Protocol 2000)
◦ISO9141-2 (Asian, European, Chrysler vehicles)
◦J1850 VPW (GM vehicles)
◦J1850 PWM (Ford vehicles)

Where is the ODBII connector on a Puma. My other half wants to play with an app he's downloaded on Android Market.

I've seen that app for Android. It looks pretty sweet. If I had a Bluetooth ODBII interface I'd have definitely bought it to try it out!

Yeah he's toying with the idea, he's looking at ODB Bluetooth adaptors now, lol! You said you would have bought it, but he says theres a free version on there also (ok, its ad supported, but its still free). If anyones interested its called torque.........

I'm pretty sure that's the one I looked at created by a guy called Ian Hawkins, I bought one of his other apps not too long ago! And yes there's probably an ad version but if I'm going to be using an app a lot I tend just to buy it :)

I bought my self this adapter from dealextreme.com,and use it with "Torque" on my HTC android phone,costed about 50.00$

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/elm327-bluetooth-obd-ii-wireless-transceiver-dongle-16921" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

red said:
I've used an ODBII reader on my car just fine.

Great:)

Than there is nothing holding me back to buy one :)
Looking forward to test it out along with centrafuse :)

I use a USB one and hook it up to my laptop.
There's loads of software available to read the information.

Car Killer

Does that Bluetooth adaptor work fully with torque? He's been checking cheap ones out as well as expensive ones and the only thing he's come across is to avoid the cheap chinese ones which can be piced up for £10. At the other end they can be picked up for +£100 so this ones seems to be perfect, not too cheap, not too expensive.

it fully works with torque,I also have full Torque,not free one.. also works with VitalScan software,and Digimoto,on a laptop, i use it on HTC WildFire phone

they are all the same,diference is in casings mostly,this that i have is newer version of ELM chip,and its preety good made,only thing bad is that it has 3 LED indicators inside on the board,but no holes on casing so you could see them. I opened it first day it was delivered,and drilled 3 holes over LED's to se the power,bluetooth conection,and comunication indicators :D

Thread resurrection!!

Bought one of the Blue-tooth adapters and it works fine on both my Citroen and the missus's SEAT using Torque, but it won't pick up the protocal on the Puma. It's the latest chip with J1850 PWM support (supposedly) but just goes through the auto test and eventually gives up. The Dongle itself seems to show that it's communicating with the ECU. Anyone had the same?

you can tell what protocol you have looking at the pins puma is usually J1850 PWM some of these ebay bluetooth readers dont like it even though they say they support it

Weird, I have a similar one as you Steve. It's the v1.4 chip so it should support. Ah well, will get on to the seller and see what's what. It did clearly say that this one did support J1850 PWM Ford.

my v 1.4 didnt work, but my v 1.3 does :)

might be an idea to get an older one, think its the ones with the blue stickers rather then yellow

I have an 1.4 puma from 2000 and it doesnt find the protocol too. I tried the apps dashcomand and torque. Both says the same. Someone know how to solve it?

Back