Doesn't this make you sad?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daz_zz_er

scnews0246fe_zpsf9608051.jpg

As far as I'm concerned 'Ginge' Can f**k off :p

If its any consolation its probably a 1400, the 1700s either aren't competitive in their class or aren't allowed full stop, can't remember which.

Does make me feel a little bit better that it's probably a 1400. But then again I searched for weeks and weeks to find my first 1400 puma and this is probably why! :p But on a serious note it does make me a little bit sad that our beloved Puma's are being used for this.

In some way I'd rather the little car went out in a blaze of glory, rather than just rotting somewhere covered by a tattered tarp.

in reality, i very much doubt it has a 1.4, 1.6 or 1.7 engine in it as the inlet manifold is on the front, so one hit and the car is dead. It probably has a 1300 hcs or endura lump in it as the exhaust is on the front and the heavier engine can take the hits.
I've been around banger racing since i was 3 and thats the first puma i've seen raced. For micro or under 1400 banger meets, the KA and Almera are a much more popular choice as they are very hard cars to kill! KA's just bounce off other cars and keep going! lol
Cars are just lumps of metal and plastic. I love my race car to peices (more so that its now actually running! lol) but i still know that one day it will be crushed into a small cube.

Agreed I'm almost certain this will have a lil 1.3 put into it, the 1.7s arnt allowed and the rest are fronmt intake no good for head on, its a pity to see 1 get battered, but good to see 1 get driven till the end :)

Basically I think it's just a waste of a Puma. Even if it was a bad example of one they can always be repaired and made look near on perfect again as seen in the Project Puma section!

XIIVVX said:
In some way I'd rather the little car went out in a blaze of glory, rather than just rotting somewhere covered by a tattered tarp.

I quite agree... If someone was just going to send the car to a crusher.... I would think this would be a great way to go... tarted up and go down fighting!!! OORAH!

Daz_zz_er said:
Basically I think it's just a waste of a Puma. Even if it was a bad example of one they can always be repaired and made look near on perfect again as seen in the Project Puma section!
Pumas arent worth the money to repair them, they are still 'throw away cars' and at the moment are not really appreciating in value (unless you have an FRP of corse!). For the puma to become an apreciating car, loads more need to be scrapped/raced/destoryed.
Out of interest, what website did you get that from? Wanna see how well it stood up to the hits, looks like the aldershot track to me?

Daveyca55 said:
Daz_zz_er said:
Pumas arent worth the money to repair them, they are still 'throw away cars' and at the moment are not really appreciating in value (unless you have an FRP of corse!). For the puma to become an apreciating car, loads more need to be scrapped/raced/destoryed.
Out of interest, what website did you get that from? Wanna see how well it stood up to the hits, looks like the aldershot track to me?

Just found it on Google whilst I was being sad and searching 'Green Ford Puma' :p

Latest posts

Back