Don't leave your car laying about

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spike.

Source http://www.getsurrey.co.uk/news/local-news/audi-sports-car-stripped-parts-6673528" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Car stripped for parts after being abandoned in floods
5 Feb 2014 15:17
A £60,000 Audi RS5 sports car was barely recognisable after it was vandalised and stripped of parts having been left in a flooded Chertsey road

rbr_sah_040214audi_3-6673629.jpg

A luxury sports car abandoned during last month's floods has been stripped to its bare chassis in a few weeks.

The 2012 registered Audi RS5 sports car was left wheel-arch deep in floodwater under the railway bridge in Almners Road, Chertsey, on January 2, during last month's floods.

Within a day the windows had been smashed under cover of darkness.

But that week, Surrey Police had no record of the car being reported stolen and said it was investigating the incident as a case of criminal damage.

The 4.2 litre engine, alloy wheels, seats, roof and everything inside the car had been liberated over a matter of weeks.

A large boulder was then left on the roof of the vehicle and, by the start of this week, all that remained of the £60,000 car was the shell of what was formerly someone's pride and joy.

A Lyne resident took the photos of the Audi’s demise, saying: “I first noticed the Audi abandoned in the flooded road on January 2 at about 8am.

“I tweeted a picture mainly to alert people of the road closure.

“Since then I have driven there several times in the hope that the road would open again and watched the Audi gradually deteriorate.

“The windows were smashed, a bollard was placed on its roof and it was generally vandalised.

“Today I found the road open and stopped to inspect the Audi. I was shocked at how much had been stripped from the vehicle.”

rbr_sah_040214audi_2-6673622.jpg

rbr_sah_050214audi_5JPG-6675843.jpg

JS32013362-6675669.jpg

^^This... surely the owner would have checked on it / got it towed over that period of time!!

Somehow doubt that it is the same car, colour looks wrong for one thing and how the hell would someone not notice what was happening and inform the police.....looks like a set up picture to me

Back