door cards

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BLACK PUMA ANDY

:eek: i would like n/s and o/s front door cards for my puma as i am off to nurburgring in two weeks and have just been told that they will not let you go round with out them because of sharp edges so some help please any condition i'm not fussed .many thanks :grin:

I think yip does have door cards. I think he meant no one checked to see if he had

Apparently you do need them. I think they're looking more for cars that have been seriously molested from standard. This pinched from another forum......

Car Rules:-

- Bonnet pins are now TOTALLY verboten. Even if covered with tape or rubber. It's flush mount or standard bonnets only
- Interior trim - NO sharp edges or even tatty-looking 'rip outs' will be tolerated. You must have door cards installed, you can't leave shin-breaking metal beams uncovered under your dash.
- Roll bars and cages must be padded where your body will hit them. This will be checked more.
- Expect more TüV time - this is where a Meister guy from the the standards body here in Germany spends time at the gate spot-checking for safe and unsafe cars. This can only be a good thing provided the decisions are consistent.
- valid MOT certificate, tax-disc and insurance that does not have funny small print. if you already fail to produce any of the above criteria then game over.
- weld in or bolt in cages only with certificate from the manufacturer or TUV stating the complete construction of car/cage is safe and solid and from within the last two years. same applies to harness bars, especially concerning the welds.
- seatbelts/seats/seatmounts fall in the same criteria, so unless you have a certificate from a governing body (uk or germany does not matter but german preferred) saying the construction is save.
- bucket seats and harnesses will only be tolerated when mounted on corresponding subframes and only seats/harnesses still within FIA will be accepted at spot checks. anything out of date will not be tollerated.
- perspex windows is another sore point on modern cars as they are part of the carrying structure of the vehicle. not so much a problem with older cars with rubber seals.

Apparently they're looking for 'chavved up' cars....lol.

I have got standard cards but i ripped the cloth off the passengers side as i was going to play interior designs with it.... but i do have some if its that much of an emergency.

I also have a set of FRP ones should you want them.

Probably too far (well I'm 100% certain actually) but I've got a set of standard door cards that have been re-trimmed in nice blue fabric available cheap also. :)

yes i have door cards vgc [standered] in north londnn call 07576781704 braking compleat puma

Latest posts

Back