Drum brake cylinder - any difference pre/post 2000?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lb81

Hi quick one I hope someone will know!

As per title really, fairly sure one of them is sticking after heavy braking (I get a noise akin to driving with the hand brake on which clears if the pedal is pressed). Been looking around on line and new cylinders are almost the same as the repair kit! but some say 97 > and others 97 > 00. Mine is a 51 reg post 2000 spec with the 200mm drums...

Would like to get some ordered tomorrow so I can fit at the weekend so any advice on this appreciated.

p.s I have already replaced the drums, shoes & bearings...

Cheers
Rich

From my admittedly poor memory the cylinders are different I'm prepared to be proved wrong!

dont get them from euro car parts, they will be wrong

i just got them from ford, and told them the drum size, they arent mega expensive

Figured the ones saying 97 > would be wrong. Euro cp was one I looked at lol! ok guess it's off to the local stealer in the morning!
Cheers fellas :thumbs:

yeah the euro car parts ones are well off even what they list for the correct vehicle, has to send them back, PITA

So, the pre 2000 are 17.5mm and post 2000 are 19.5mm cylinders for future ref if anyone needs to know :wink:

Yeah I had the same problem when I did a complete overhaul of my rears . I ended up with the wrong parts twice as they insisted there was only one size for all puma's jokers....

Sounds like you did the same I ended up changing both rear bearings as well..........

Latest posts

Back