DTC codes i think my 02 sensor is shot

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dwighet

Im getting these codes coming up
P0133 Ox Sensor Circuit Slow Response (Bank 1 Sensor 1)
P0135 Ox Sensor Heater Circuit Malfunction (Bank 1 Sensor 1)
P1131 Lack of Upstream Heated Oxygen Sensor Switch - Sensor Indicates Lean - Bank No. 1.

Im I thinking right that my 02 sensor is shot???

Change your oxygen sensor / Lambda sensor. That should clear most if not all codes.

I'm a NEW puma owner but those codes usually mean that. (generic car talk coming up) The Lambda sensor should be on or near/and the front of your exhaust system. Sometimes on the down pipe, if 2 sensors it can be 1 before your catolictic converter and 1 after.

It can also read a false code if your cattolictic converter is broken if memory serves me right. However don't threat if you try the Lambda sensors they are pretty cheap maybe £25 max??

Just needed a new sensor. Not cheap.110 euro for a bosch one.
All codes Have been cleared and its running sweet again..

Catweasel said:
Good news !
Indeed. I originally thought it was the extended loom I made up for it as just fitted a piper 4;2;1 manifold and system so I went and rewired it again to be sure... Got the same codes up so coughed up the money for the sensor and Happy days..

It ran like it was very tired with the faulty sensor

Really 110euro :eek:

thats a tad pricey i would have thought being i just got one for a different car for less the £25

nah, probably. done the job anyway. stupid Renault Megane 2, anyway so it will break by water damage soon :/ had to fix a couple of those leaky cars lol.

Back