eBay 4 branch manifolds.

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ReDBull2345

What are the eBay 4 branch manifolds like? They're very tempting at the price they go for but are they any good?

Are the well made, fit well, perform well, welds don't fail, crack.... Generally are they any good?

So just for normal road use..

For that purpose they can be trusted as long as you use correct armour clad gaskets.
Performance, don't expect much, it requires a culmination of components for performance increases.

Sorry yes, road and two three track days a year may be more depending on the direction I go with the car/how long I keep it. I'll probably mate it to one of the race tubes and a piper back box. My exhaust has seen better days so will need replacing soon. I don't want anything that sounds to loud so may also look at a full system by a from pipper/Milltek etc.

Thanks for the reply :cool:

The £170 manifold from ebay, made within 5bhp of a s1600 manifold on my 230bhp 9000rpm engine so yes there very good for power flow as for how long they will last i cannot tell you that. I did have to slot the holes on the manifold flange to get it to go on the head which was annoying but only took 5 minutes.

That sounds promising. Had problems in the past with eBay manifolds. Ports in the flange not matching runners and also warped flanges that needed skimming. As long as they're not going to fall apart I'll give one a go. :)

Hello mate, there's one on mine and it's been fine! Seemed to release some extra horses & sounds better too! Although as Mac said it will work even better if you've got other mods fitted! The only downside is the fit & finish isn't perfect but still great for the money! :grin:

If they're 170 then consider spending another 40 quid and getting an Ashley competition manifold. I've used Ashley before and yet again I can't fault them, besides the shit paint they use which burns off and stinks!

i was just wonder will the standard or hoffman racetube center fitting fit on a 4 branch manifold because i know you have a flexi coming off the standard manifold cat so i was just want to know if it will bolt on or do you need to mod it

Back