eBay and Red Wine = New Wheels!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XAF

So late last night I happened to be browsing eBay and a few too many red wines made me click buy it now on four brand new F1 style wheels from the Puma Black.

Just collected them and they are mint - well, as you'd expect with them still being in the box. Absolute bargain. Just don't quite know what I'm going to do with them as I don't need them, won't ever put them on the car!

Oh well, I'll add them to the Puma stockroom that's growing by the day!

Glad an enthusiast got them - I was even contemplating getting them even though I haven't a car they'll fit they were so cheap for new wheels!

Dal said:
Glad an enthusiast got them - I was even contemplating getting them even though I haven't a car they'll fit they were so cheap for new wheels!

Cheers Dal - I'm half tempted to put the standard springs back on, whip out the Recaros and put the whole thing back to standard so I've a mint 'black'. Or maybe that's a lot of effort for a set of wheels!

The guys selling them works for a ford dealer and he's had them years. He said he literally saved three sets from the skip as they got took over and £100k of parts got thrown out as it was 'old stock'. Can you imagine how many useful parts just got scrapped? Probably loads that you couldn't get for love nor money now. Bit like that elusive bonnet insulation I'm looking for!! There are some in Europe apparently but so far, no luck!

Bloody hell James, it's a good job I don't buy stuff when I've had a few too many red wines otherwise I'd have a house full of sh*te and no money! :lol:
Barry

I looked at these and very nearly clicked the YES button.
Collection from Manchester put me off though :cry: Any nearer and I would have had them.
Paul

748 said:
I looked at these and very nearly clicked the YES button.
Collection from Manchester put me off though :cry: Any nearer and I would have had them.
Paul

Thankfully Paul they were in Manchester!!

You have provided your own solution as to what to do with them - like your red wine, you should "lay them down" in your cellar, occasionally take them out to admire them and then leave them in your will to your favourite heir.

PaulQ said:
You have provided your own solution as to what to do with them - like your red wine, you should "lay them down" in your cellar, occasionally take them out to admire them and then leave them in your will to your favourite heir.

I'll admit that I will probably take them out of their boxes and polish them occasionally (yes Barry, that's POLISH!!) but I'm pretty sure I'll leave it there before I'm accused of suffering from Mechanophilia!

tuonokid said:
I thought Polish was a nationality :grin:
Barry

Ha, ha. Just you wait Barry - Paul and I are going to hijack you with tea and Swissvax one day!

James you're not going to believe this but I bought a clay bar kit at Stoneleigh on Sunday for the Puma.
Barry

tuonokid said:
James you're not going to believe this but I bought a clay bar kit at Stoneleigh on Sunday for the Puma.
Barry

Now this I've got to see my friend! You do know it's not some sort of healthy eating cereal bar or something to make some interesting pottery out of?!!!

No Paul told me it needed doing and reinforced the point by getting me to run my fingers over the paintwork, it definitely needs doing. I tell you what though, it's a lot of money for some dirt!

tuonokid said:
No Paul told me it needed doing and reinforced the point by getting me to run my fingers over the paintwork, it definitely needs doing. I tell you what though, it's a lot of money for some dirt!

It'll be worth it when it's done, it'll look fantastic. I'll even come over and help with some of my silly £100 polish!

That's very kind of you but I suppose it all depends on when our summertime's going to start as it's definitely not working outside weather at the mo.

Back