ECU's

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aaron86

I'm sure this has been asked before but here it is again, what's the difference between the ecu's, which ones are for what model, which is best for tuning and I have a 97 1.7 so which can I use?

The sought after ECU (standard puma) is the one in the link, the TAPE ECU.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Puma-1-7-ECU-XS6F-12A650-AHB-TAPE-/230907250014?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item35c325055e" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Analogue clocks as per your car will be a MUFF

Digital clocks single lambda, grey plug on the bulkhead is TAPE

Digital clocks double lambda, green and a blue plug on the bulkhead is DIVE

Tuning options will depend on the other mods, not much to be gained by management alone unless you uprate other stuff.

There are several, with varying degrees of buggeraboutwithitability and silliness in the name.

MUFF, DIVE, TAPE... Umm... HONK*... Err... GUFF*...

Ian G's probably the man to ask a) because he'll know and b) he'll be able to sell you one.

*not really

Flying Scotsman said:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Puma-1-7-ECU-XS6F-12A650-AHB-TAPE-/230907250014?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item35c325055e" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
It's not a TAPE you silly man - it's a chip. :-D

OMG I can't believe you thought it was a tape.

evilrob said:
Flying Scotsman said:

It's not a TAPE you silly man - it's a chip. :-D

OMG I can't believe you thought it was a tape.

*Can someone take this man out the back.... and shoot him*

So I've got a muff!
I've got race tube, powerflow back box & direct air fed air filter fitted so my questions are; is there any benefit to using a different ecu and if I were to get one remapped which is better to use?

If you're looking to have a standard ECU remapped..... then the sought after ECU (standard puma) is the one in the link, the TAPE ECU.

And there's always a benefit to getting a remap done.

A bit of advice, NEVER say you have a muff in front of the likes of evil rob, you're asking for trouble there!! There's also a dude ECU but not sure where that fits in!

The analogue dash Pumas need an ECU from an analogue Puma...... can't run an ECU from a digital Puma (e.g. TAPE)....

My Pumas a '98 and I want to run the TAPE ECU I've got, but I'm going to have to change the wiring loom to do it.. :roll:

Flying Scotsman said:
SENATEpumA said:
The analogue dash Pumas need an ECU from an analogue Puma...... can't run an ECU from a digital Puma (e.g. TAPE)....

Thats not true buddy... I have an analogue dash and i'm currently running an FRP TAPE.
Oooh... Mr. Scotsman.... I think we need a little chat.... :lol:

SENATEpumA said:
Flying Scotsman said:
SENATEpumA said:

Thats not true buddy... I have an analogue dash and i'm currently running an FRP TAPE.
Oooh... Mr. Scotsman.... I think we need a little chat.... :lol:

Think you need to get your head back into the Puma books homie... :D

Flying Scotsman said:
SENATEpumA said:

I stand corrected....
bowing%20smiley.gif

Back