Engine Management Light

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

northernboy

Hello

The EML has been on since I bought my car two months ago.

Have seem suggestions about sensors (the two lanbadas for example) being faulty but that is usually accompanied by other tell tale signs. The engine runs just fine with no rough tickover or misfiring etc. On a seady motorway run I get just under 40 MPG which seems acceptable.

I ran the basic diagnostics from the digital milliage counter but did not show anything obvious.

I don't really want to take this to a garage and have them charge me £100 just to tell me I need to replace something worth £40 and easy to change etc.

Any suggestions as to posible causes and probable culprits?

Thanks

try an ecu reset 1st and then see what happens,check lambda connections on bulkhead,green and blue see if they are pushed in fully

The dash trick won't tell you anything you need to get a proper scan done on the ECU otherwise you'll just be chucking parts at it

Tried the ECU reset suggestion and so far so good - engine still runs great but no EML - lets see what happens over the next few days.

Latest posts

Back