Engine performance dependant on oil level.

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RICHARD MANSFIELD2

Hi.
This is a bit of an odd one I am interested to know if any other owners have experience this oddity. On a few occasions I have had to top up my engine oil. The amount being from the lower mark or just above to the top mark on the dipstick. Once done the performance of the engine noticeably improves.
Regards,
Richard.

That's random Richard!

Not something I have ever encountered. I very rarely have to top up my oil despite the engine being on almost 150,000 miles!

Maybe something's slightly blocked somewhere not allowing oil flow for the variable valve system until you get max oil pressure when full?

My Thunder engine now on 151k miles was quite noisy on startup, even straight after changing the oil at 147k miles. This time I used an oil flush before changing the oil and to my surprise then engine now is as sweet as my other Puma that's on 58k. Drove over 200 miles in the Thunder this weekend and it still sounds sweet and goes very well.

Latest posts

Back