Engine swop

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RICHARD MANSFIELD2

Hi.
I am about to swop my 140k engine for a 27k engine l am renewing all the service items on the replacement.

Couple of questions.
Who made the original cluch for the Puma?
Has anyony had experience of Sachs or Luk clutches?
Who made the orinal water pump? Any recommendations on which make.

Regards Richard

I'm not 100% but I think Sachs clutch might be supplied by manufacturer?

Edit: Looks like LUK and Sachs have been used by Motocraft in the past for the clutch https://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?p=152286#p152286

FWIW I put a Bluepoint clutch kit in my Kia and it was indistinguishable from the OE version (apart from the wear, obviously)

I fitted a LUK clutch kit in my puma engined fiesta earlier this year, done nearly 2k in it now, been driven quite hard but it's been spot on!
Also, I had a LUK clutch kit fitted in my focus MK2 earlier this year, that's done nearly 4k now and not given any issues.
I've certainly got no issue with them

Another nod for LUK clutch kit, 20k miles done no problems whatsoever (except I kept stalling the car after the fitment as the biting point was about 20 cm higher, much to the amusement of the mechanics! :lol: )

Hi Richard
The clutch in the crate engine I'm using for my Green Westy was a Sachs unit. It's a 2 litre Zetec but Ford probably used the same supplier for other engines.
Barry

i have put Luk focus clutches in both my pumas and both were/are excellent. focus clutch has more friction material than the puma one so they last longer and make the pedal a bit lighter to press.

Latest posts

Back