Er, Where's The Fanbelt?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sarah

G'day Possums,

Could any of you kind people, possibly with the assistance of a big, colour photo, tell me where my fanbelt is? I went to Halfords today with the intention to get a fanbelt, but apparently, they don't have them for 'your kind of car.' Ho hum. Anyway, I bought a can WD40 instead which may well be like putting a plaster on a broken leg but is surely better than nothing. So, I flip open the bonnet, stand in front of it with my left on the driver's side and amongst the grime and grey and black and where exactly is the fanbelt?

Ta muchly

Isn't the fan an electrically operated item, ergo no fanbelt?

Or do you mean the auxiliary drive belt?

What fault are you trying to cure anyway?

I thought the auxiliary belt was the cambelt?

The fanbelt, the thing that squeaks when it's not feeling very well

The squeaky aux belt will be the one to the offside of the engine, going round the shiny alternator at the front.

This is it's route for an air con puma:

[albumimg]138[/albumimg]

And spraying wd-40 on it will probly make it worse

Ifs its slipping then its either strecthed or the tensioner is seized in place get a new one on. You cant tighten them manualy (as far as i know) because they have a auto tensioner. which is mounted on the p/s pump incase you wanted to check it, put a spanner on the nut which mounts the pully and turn it (altho i cant rember if its c-w or cc-w) and see if it moves ok

WD-40 is only good for flame-throwing moths and spiders

It's prob only squeaking cos of the excessively cold/damp weather we've had this past fortnight

Also are you sure its the belt as i had a squeek and it was the p/s pump pully which i have heard happening a few times on others

Have a look at the picture I posted Sarah, and see if you can see what starts with a P and then an S and then pump. It'll be a pulley on that.

Go on.. I bet you can do it.

:p

Back