ESP and ABS light problem

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt69420567TT

Hi fellow Puma owners. Quick question for you guys. As I start my 1997 Puma 1.7 Zetec everything is OK. But 15 minutes into ride and I hear something grinding (seems like ESP working) but my tires are not slipping. And the lights dont come off but as soon as I turn off the engine and back on and go for few meters , lights come off and everything is OK. My guess are ABS rings or sensors but I would like to ask before I buy anything because my budget is very limited. Thank you for every message or sugestion!!

Greeting from Slovakia

A friend had a permanent ABS and Traction Control lights on, I plugged in my old Netbook runnin Windows 10 and using Forscan it identified the front ABS sensor as being faulty.
Forscan is available as a free download for Windows Download FORScan and a ELM adapter (OBD2 port to USB) from Ebay cost me under £20, but check that your ordering the correct one, I think it was an ELM327, but double check.

Back