First time puma owner.

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scaniaman

Hi guys,
I picked up my first puma just before Christmas. A nice little 2 owner, 54,000 miler.
She looks a little sorry for herself at the minute as she has been parked up for 15 months and was a non runner, we worked out the fuel pump had seized so duly dropped the tank and fitted a complete new pump and sender unit, put some fuel in and she started instantly bonus, nope she decided that now she was gonna make her tank porous so a new tank has been bought and is currently being painted ready to fit over the weekend. I've got one more front brake to clean and free up then it will be mot time
Then I can get quotes to have the arches done

Hi Scaniaman (lorry driver?)
Welcome to the Forum..... rust is your enemy but mechanical parts are plentiful .
Barry

Ha ha. How did you guess lol, yes, I'm a lorry driver, for my sins. Rust wise she doesn't seem too bad, just the standard arches but my best friend brother works in a body shop so hopefully I'll get mates rates when I have them done. Underneath doesn't seem too bad, I'm going to clean and stone hip/paint as much as I can while I've got the tank out.
I've tried to upload a few photos but keeps saying 'file to big' :(

:grin: welcome to our site!

How big are the files? I think the maximum is currently set to 1mb but I'll check later.

Morning :)
Thank you.
I'm not sure, they are just photos I've taken on my phone and sent to the iPad. Not sure how I can make them smaller :-/

Eyup :)
Sounds like you got yourself a nice bargain there.
And mates rates for body repairs is a massive bonus.
Paul

Well,
Had a successful day working on 'Portia' :)
Took tank out (again) and spare wheel and carrier, wire bushed, treated and stone chipped all the boot floor and surrounding areas then fitted the brand new fuel tank and pump/sender.
Gave the tank 3 coats of metal paint before hand so will never go rusty again :p
If any body else needs a tank euro car parts have them on offer at the minute for £53. Bargain:)

Hi Scaniaman
Well done, I hope it's the proper fuel tank as there might be two different ones available.
Barry

2? :roll:
It all went together nice and easily, pump and sender slotted in nicely. If I could get my photos to upload I'd put some on. I don't know how to make my files smaller as it says they are too big :?

Well I managed to get one photo to upload, this was where it had sat for nearly 15 months.
I can't get the others to as it keeps telling me the files are too large so ice created a photo bucket account and put the link on. I'll upload my pics on to there and keep you updated with my progress :p

Back