Fitting Frp manifold can't get the alternator bolt done up

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evileye5060

Hi I'm Fitting Frp manifold but can't get the alternator bolt done up it's the one that goes into the engine between the alternator and the inlet pipes but it seems impossible as you can't fit a 15mm socket in the gap or spanner or rachet spanner any suggestions would be helpfull it's all on apart from this one bolt . :evil:

It might be the wrong bolt but I seem to remember taking the headlight out helped to get to one of the bolts.
Barry

I don't think the other bolts would fit in .iv already removed the headlight just can't seem to get the socket head on to the bolt as the pipes on the manifold are in the way so it sits half on it .just took a photo

Have replied on your project thread. I used the addition on ratchet that enables to do it on angle. Same thing like CV joint on FWD car. If needed, can take picture of the part in question.

FRP's have an internal allen key fitting and not the standard hex bolt hense why you are having problems with it. You also have to take the drivers headlight out to get better access as already suggested.

Ally

Managed to do it up with the angle peace and headlight out thanks .does anyone know what this hole is next to the sensor at the bottom

Back